box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully I can stay ahead!

-sr motor set

- tranny/xmember

- fuelpump/ lines

- wiring

-driveshaft

- exhaust?

Waiting on water pump,radiator,intercooler and piping,misc? Not a big list. Almost all big-ticket items are there. ??? Time haha

Starting to think 510's are bad for you. :(. Order the parts one by one. Sr will be in there.But then what.

Bad for me you have almost gone through as many dimes as I have in the last couple years.

I realy want the vg dime on cl with the acure legand flares on it

Good advice hainz.

Ok so I forgot one of the main thing's about swapping a l series head.

I went from a head with out coolant ports for the intake to a head with coolant ports for the intake

I forgot to hook up this line.

2011-05-25162250.jpg

And I think since the coolant had no where to go it seaped in to the the intake runners.

Head side

2011-05-25190815.jpg

2011-05-25190801.jpg

2011-05-25190753.jpg

Intake side

2011-05-25190742.jpg

2011-05-25190731.jpg

The last time I drove it it got hot . And now I can't decide if I should buy the intake gasket replace it and hope for the best! Or should I replace the head gasket again.

Neither, start the sr swap. Unless your just waiting for canby, if you just trying to get it running for canby then just come grab my l20b and throw it in their for the weekend free of charge. Stop spending money and wrench time on a motor your not even planning on keeping.

Seriously, if you need it come get it and bring it Back after the sr swap is done.

OK if thats a soemwhat new gasket you can still use it. Maybe copper coate it. If you have it but what u pay for the copper coat you could buy another gasket.

YOu ever ck behine the water pump to make sure you arnt filling the oil up with water and as the cooling system pressurizes your not pumping water vai the front cover. maybe see if holes or beat the fuck front cover. Remeber this happen to me. swapped head also. But my oil was mud so it was obvious. If oil is OK Then I dont know.

If you have a head that has water passage I would put the full waterline back in to the manifold.But i think what you have will work

As the others say do a SR swap but are they going to help you. At least with a L motor you can do most if not all your self in a day.

Let me know if I cAn help, I'm not from Oregon and don't have much to do, all I do is work, play with my kids, hang with the wife. And try like hell to work on my car.

I'm good with exterior body work and fiberglass

I have the same type of life you do Erick, LOL, once married you become part of the chain gang...that's why My Datsuns are on my mind all the time. I'll call you later so I can stop by and will bring one of my Datsuns.

there is somethin else goin on other than that gasket...

the saturation around the intake holes has got to be fuel... the water passages have the metal crush gaskets around them.. so i doubt that its that...

i agree with everyone else about the block not breathing right...

and i dont really understand what you mean by the oil is streamin out the breather..

is it just clean oil from the engine, or like water/oil mix milk shake bullshit?

id prolly have to say youll need to pull the head again and see what happened...

see if you can check the compression if before pullin the head to maybe see if the rings are teh crap...

Well I think it is a cracked water jacket in the block either that or maybe a crack in the timing cover some where . It is weird . No steam coming from the exhaust and no bubbles in the radiator if you pull the cap off . We pressure tested the head befor we surfaced it.. and it still steam's out the port on the top of the valve cover.

I don't even care about swapping it . I just want to drive it . I wish I would have kept the engine out of my 4 door.