box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian built it. Then the cam gear came off and I redid the top half. Doh!

Ok so for the last week and a half I have been battling with my girls vw golf and have not had time to swap the dime.

So I am at a cross roads and I nead some help making a decision.

Should I throw some sealer in the coolant system and see if it quits blowing steam? So I have something to drive to canby?. this is some thing I would never do but I am going to junk the block after the swap. The only down side to this is getting crap in my rad and I want to use the rad with my sr swap.

Or just and try to get my swap done befor blue lake?

Discuss!

The k seal stopped the steam. But I still have crank case pressure so I un hooked the pcv it seams to be drivable now.we will see tomorrow . I think the cam timing is to advanced. The po had the cam gear set at the number 3 hole on the cam gear. The car is only reving to 5000rpm and detonating even with the distributor retarded all the way. Or it could be from the positive crank case pressure.

• 1 month later...

I have questions that should know the answers to but I don't.

when you run 620 mount's on a flipped x member do you get both left and right 620 mounts or do you just buy the taller side? If you buy the taller side what side is it?

Any body got a partnumber for the mounts I nead.

Or does any one know the height of the 620 mount I nead? If I know the height I can use my 510 mounts and make a aluminum spacer.

I have questions that should know the answers to but I don't.

when you run 620 mount's on a flipped x member do you get both left and right 620 mounts or do you just buy the taller side? If you buy the taller side what side is it?

Any body got a partnumber for the mounts I nead.

Or does any one know the height of the 620 mount I nead? If I know the height I can use my 510 mounts and make a aluminum spacer.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21892-dennis-72-510/page__view__findpost__p__427946