Need help naming a dog

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, we've been calling her baby girl for now since she doesn't like doggy much. Shes quite friendly and loves attention though she seems to be super nervous of other dogs, fortunately she gets used to them after a bit.

Sounds normal for a dog or person who is lost or displaced into an all new environment.. She?

Sounds normal for a dog or person who is lost or displaced into an all new environment.. She?

Yeah, its a she. I was mostly worried about bringing a new dog in the house as you never know how they will act tell you have them around other dogs.

I'd have taken her to a shelter but I'd feel bad about it as all the ones around here are kill shelters. Being a great pyreness and looking to fit the breed standards I'd say shes gotta be missed by somebody.

Well if you get to the point you cant handle her and you can get her to me here in WA or meet me in Canby, she has another option in my home. I have a soft spot for rescues.

Thanks, hopefully it will work out and we find her owner. Shes quite the attention hog, any time I stop petting her she pokes me with her paw like "hey why'd you stop"

smallest Great Pyrenees I've ever seen.. Maybe a mix? They make GREAT dogs as they are very smart and extremely territorially protective. She will need lots of exercise as she is a herding bread. My buddy has 2 of them protecting his herd of Alpacas and the male weighs close to 200lbs and the female well over 100.

Props on rescuing, too many helpless domesticated animals out there as it is...

i would have to agree with matwood, that is the smallest great pyraneese i have ever seen. Actually looks like a golden retriever mix maybe with great pyraneese since goldens are usually not that fuzzy. cute dog though.

after looking at the pic a few more times I noticed a larger mass area closer towards the tip of the nose. I would bet money this dog is a lab great pyraneese mix.

smallest Great Pyrenees I've ever seen.. Maybe a mix? They make GREAT dogs as they are very smart and extremely territorially protective. She will need lots of exercise as she is a herding bread. My buddy has 2 of them protecting his herd of Alpacas and the male weighs close to 200lbs and the female well over 100.

Props on rescuing, too many helpless domesticated animals out there as it is...

She looks to be a pup, her paws are as big as my hands almost.

I'm wondering if she was a farm dog due to all the dirt and the fact she shows the sad signs of being chained up around the neck, if shes not claimed I'mma teach her how to ride shotgun in the roadster which shouldnt be too hard as she *loves* car rides.

i would have to agree with matwood, that is the smallest great pyraneese i have ever seen. Actually looks like a golden retriever mix maybe with great pyraneese since goldens are usually not that fuzzy. cute dog though.

after looking at the pic a few more times I noticed a larger mass area closer towards the tip of the nose. I would bet money this dog is a lab great pyraneese mix.

Ya....maybe a mix of Maremma and or with a dash of retriever.

Many combo possibilities.... :)