Tommy34

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! We still have a lot to do.

The next few things on the list are:

1) figure out how / where to mount the oem Miata gas tank and run the fuel lines

2) build cage

3) install front apron

4) relocate battery to trunk

5) clean up engine bay

6) send out for paint

etc . etc . etc . . . . :)

damn bob and tommy, is the above pics gonna be ride height?

im super jealous, you guys turn out some nice datsuns. keep up the excellent work!!!

No that is not the ride height. It is just where it was when we got it together. As it sits now it's 1" higher in the rear than my '68 and 2.5" lower in the front! :wacko:

510soutside1-23-11001.jpg

510soutside1-23-11002.jpg

510soutside1-23-11003.jpg

510soutside1-23-11004.jpg

510soutside1-23-11005.jpg

I guess I missed something. Why the Miata engine? Isn't one of the biggest complaints from Miata owners the lack of power? There might also be some concern about the trans mount. I thought the stock Miata used something like an arm that attaches to the rear of the car. I'm sure your mount will work great, but it's something to keep in mind. Any future plans to add some more power to this thing? I would think anything less than 200hp wouldn't make much sense to do an engine swap. I bet you could squeeze some more power out of that thing. But I'm not too knowledgeable about this motor. Fill us in.

If you saw the MX520 in action, or better yet sat in the passanger seat around PPIR you,d understand!

I guess I missed something. Why the Miata engine? Isn't one of the biggest complaints from Miata owners the lack of power? There might also be some concern about the trans mount. I thought the stock Miata used something like an arm that attaches to the rear of the car. I'm sure your mount will work great, but it's something to keep in mind. Any future plans to add some more power to this thing? I would think anything less than 200hp wouldn't make much sense to do an engine swap. I bet you could squeeze some more power out of that thing. But I'm not too knowledgeable about this motor. Fill us in.

I think it might have something to do with Bob being an SCCA race car driver. And Tommy racing before he had a licence to drive a car. I'll bet money that if you put Tommy in the MX510 and you or I in any car with a little more power he will come out on top.

Oh yea nice jammies Tommy. :lol:

I think it might have something to do with Bob being an SCCA race car driver. And Tommy racing before he had a licence to drive a car. I'll bet money that if you put Tommy in the MX510 and you or I in any car with a little more power he will come out on top.

Oh yea nice jammies Tommy. :lol:

:rofl::thumbup::D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's on the back burner right now. The '68 Rat is ahead of it and Tommys two race cars need some finial touches to be ready for the season. Then we will get the MX510 going! :cool:

Too many projects and not enough time. :P

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought it had been wrecked :unsure:

No, that was Bob's 2 door rat. I believe Tommy wrecked Bob's car the day after Tommy's 510 sold, if I remember the post correctly...

Sad news. The '68 Rat got crashed last night. Tommy was out screwing around on a dirt road (against my rules) and as to be expected, he was going too fast and flew off the road and went through a wood sign. Tommy is okay and grounded for the rest of the year. The Rat is pretty messed up. It took the 6x6 post just right of center, between the right side head lights and the hard to find '68 grill emblem. The rest of the grill is FUBAR. The radiator is pushed back into the water pump so far that the front of it looks like a pregnant woman at four to five months. The two piece bumper split in half and the passenger side sliced through the radiator. The license plate is ripped in half. The right front wheel is towed out about 4 inches. The L/F fender is curiously pulled forward at the bottom so the gap between the fender and door is now 1 inch. Hood is pushed back and buckled and the hinges appear to be bent.

I was at such a happy place with this car. I finally had it all sorted out and just enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm pretty bummed!

The crash happened 6 hours after we sold Tommy's '68 4 door! Go figure . . .

I'll get some pictures up soon. :crying:

Still got it. It's sitting in a trailer waiting to get some love.

I'm working on the '68 Rat that Tommy crashed. It should be on a frame rack in the next week or so to see if they can save it. :unsure:

• 1 month later...