• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here are your pics!

When we picked it up:

TommysDime001.jpg

TommysDime004.jpg

TommysDime006.jpg

The cage SUCKED! My dad knocked out the passenger side door bars with a hammer!

TommysDime017.jpg

TommysDime020.jpg

I worked on it for 12 hours, and we cut the cage out, here is what it looked like at 2 in the morning.

TommysDime027.jpg

TommysDime028.jpg

TommysDime033.jpg

I AM SO EXCITED!:hyper:

TommysDime030.jpg

• Like 1

Dude that car is solid!!! It's cool to see the young guys get into these cars. Unlike so many classics that are unobtainable and get forgotten, 510's are affordable and as Keith (dude that has raced them since the early 70's, my hero) says "with a good suspension setup they can beat pretty much any car out there" These two attributes alone set 510's apart from all other old cars IMO. Your lucky to have a dad that is into doing cool projects. My dad always like stock everything..... Keep us updated about the plans and stuff, everyone has piles of parts, we may have something that you need.

rear defrost? if the doors are original they should have a side impact beam

i would have also 73 doors are heavy

I've heard that the bumpers are also thicker, the dash has light up headlight and wiper switch along with the heater controls, the doors have side impact beams, they where the tallest static height in 73. Also all 73's where 2 doors built in 12 of 72, they are very rare. I've actually only seen 1 true 73 on the road. As rare as 68 2 doors that's for sure, if not rarer.

I think the bumpers are thicker, but the dash isn't in the car either.

I will keep an eye out for a 73 dash, the dash frame is actually different than the rest to accept the fiber optics switches. We put 73 switches in Dillion's car and they didn't really fit right...