Tommy's MX510 build

Tommy34

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that the bumpers are also thicker, the dash has light up headlight and wiper switch along with the heater controls, the doors have side impact beams, they where the tallest static height in 73. Also all 73's where 2 doors built in 12 of 72, they are very rare. I've actually only seen 1 true 73 on the road. As rare as 68 2 doors that's for sure, if not rarer.

I would say rarer. The light up headlight and wiper switches can be sourced from a '73 610 as it came standard in the 610. The '73 510 was a last hurrah, with all the bells and whistles. I don't have an exact number manufactured for the final run, but I know there is a magazine article with a pic of the '73 510 and the '73 610 that would make a great poster.

Okay guys...I really wanna paint this thing! for now just a rattle can Rat-Rod paint job. I would like to do something similar to the BRE 510. But instead of Red on the top and White on the bottom i want to do black on top and silver on bottom with black BRE stripes. Could someone please Photoshop this photo just so i can have an idea of how it will look?

BRE510.jpg

THANKS GUYS!:D

Tommy, we cant see the files on your computer. And it would appear that the computer belongs to Charlie...

Any ways upload the pictures to photobucket or picasa and post here. We will help soon enough.

oh...okay lets try this again... lol

Okay guys...I really wanna paint this thing! for now just a rattle can Rat-Rod paint job. I would like to do something similar to the BRE 510. But instead of Red on the top and White on the bottom i want to do black on top and silver on bottom with black BRE stripes. Could someone please Photoshop this photo just so i can have an idea of how it will look?

BRE510.jpg

THANKS GUYS!:D

trust me the paint idea you have will look great. I remember seeing one like that a couple years back. I never got a pic of it. :(

But it was very nice looking.

great score on the car, and i like how ambitious/ excited you are about working on it. (reminds me of me when i got my 67 cougar, that is now parked and has been for three years) but i know you have motivation, and the best at home shop i have seen in a while.

the bre theme with the black and silver will look sweet, just be careful with silver or any metallic out of a rattlecan, the flakes might not lay right and end up stripey. also i think you should do a third shade on the bre stripes under the BRE DATSUN, like a really dark grey

Black is annoying to do. I might try to find a black 510 and add grey/silver to it later.

Try it with this one. Leave the number off since it will be a street car! :thumbup:

Rons11-26-10001.jpg

OR

Rons11-26-10006.jpg