Tommy's MX510 build

Tommy34

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We are working to finish the trans tunnel today. We have the front half done. We need to make a much room as we can on the drivers side for the exhaust and still leave room for the drivers seat.

1-14-11Tommyscar001.jpg

1-14-11Tommyscar003.jpg

1-14-11Tommyscar004.jpg

1-14-11Tommyscar006.jpg

1-14-11Tommyscar007.jpg

• Like 1

Ok - it's all installed. I just need to finish welding. The 2.25" exhaust should fit through there good. I stuck the stock 510 drive shaft in there for the photos.

MX510transtunnel001.jpg

MX510transtunnel002.jpg

MX510transtunnel003.jpg

MX510transtunnel012.jpg

• Like 1

As always Bob great work

Thanks! :thumbup:

I need some suggestions on what sealer to use on the newly welded seams on the under side of the car. I'd like to use something on all of these before I spray on some undercoating. Is there a product you guys like that is available at the local auto parts store?

Thanks Ryan. When do you get home and back on your project?

I get home in August, I will be home for 3 months, then i have to deploy for 6 more months. I am hoping to get enough work done in 3 months to put it in the shop to have my roll cage installed while I am on deployment. I am going to send you a PM for miata parts request.

Thanks Bob

ryan

Just go to your local automotive paint supply store and ask for a good quality seam sealer.

You apply in with a caulking gun and can smooth the beads out with meths/thinners and your fingers, most take 24-48 hours to set properly. Then you can spray some etch primer on followed by your underseal.

Well thats how I'd do it. Some of the painter guys might have some better advice

Just go to your local automotive paint supply store and ask for a good quality seam sealer.

You apply in with a caulking gun and can smooth the beads out with meths/thinners and your fingers, most take 24-48 hours to set properly. Then you can spray some etch primer on followed by your underseal.

Well thats how I'd do it. Some of the painter guys might have some better advice

Got it. Thanks!