• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60+

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, kinda surprised at some of these ages for some reason. Kiz, you are just still a damn kid:lol:, does that make you the designated asshat? Just kidding you.And why don't we see Klotz posting in a thread like this:lol:?

As for my, Yes i am older than my datsun by three years. I am thirty five until july.

Jason

i think the maturity on this forum comes from the fact that only REAL car guys buy old cars to try to keep them alive. on the modern truck forums, anybody can pick up a newer truck and customizing, but its the people who are TRULY serious about the sport who dig in and work on things that less serious people would pass on. i see the same thing in racing...there are a few of us who always bought our own stuff, worked on our own stuff, and maybe we weren't the best out there, but we love it and we wont quit. then i see these kids come along, their parents pay for everything, and as soon as they get their driver's licenses or go to college, they don't care a thing about racing...they did it because it was easy for them to do. i like to think that most everybody here is challenged with their cars/projects, and that is why we are all really cool, we are all just trying to learn more about this stuff so we can help each other out

I don't know about REAL car guys only buying older cars and trucks to do. I know a couple of guys that will gladly pick up a late, built this century, model car and do it up. They've done the hard yards on rusted out scrap, they just want to be able to do something different. Other guys know what they want but don't have the time or skills to do it. But they do have the means to get it done. I respect the guys who take something that is one step from the junk pile and turn it into a beauty as much as the guy who has paid to have his new Porsche redone the way he wants it. Especially if both guys use them.

Well...........................I was born BEFORE World War II (I was almost 3 months old when the shit hit the fan at Pearl Harbor.......sooooo my 73 is 35 yrs old so i am 31 yrs older'n that...can ya say older'n Dirt (That's me baby..still wrenching on em drivin em and "LIVIN THE DREAM"")

Actually a better poll question would be..how old would you be if you could be as young/old as you want/or/feel....

My answer would be somewhere 'round 25. (and know what I know now)

Oh and TYLER...my wife used to call our first Datsun (72 510 wagon) "Dattie"

Dattie.jpg

Damn, You guys are a bunch of punks. I drove my first datsun in high school. It was a friends 521 truck. But we all made fun of him for drivin a foreign pile of crap. What can I say it was the 70' man.

but Ron....where would we be on this forum if it wasn't for you...our resident grandfather??

Ya'll wouldn't be no different, I am just one of the bunch...but Tyler thanks for the kind words................(Oh and by the way, "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC and "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd are on my MP3 player..prominently played most of the time...)...OLD who said that????

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Ya'll wouldn't be no different, I am just one of the bunch...but Tyler thanks for the kind words................(Oh and by the way, "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC and "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd are on my MP3 player..prominently played most of the time...)...OLD who said that????

Now thats some good music

Me I am old enough know better but more than young enough to do it again:fu::lol:

When you're retired it should be this way. My dad turns 88 in two days, and in the summer he sits outside in the shade and falls asleep and in the winter he just moves indoors. I just got back from a road trip to Ontario where I stayed with him for two weeks. Sad that he's so old and tired now. Glad that he's able to sit and take it easy though. (sigh)

15 will get you 20 :o

Dude, you're a parrot head????

....Pickup's washed and you just got paid.

With any luck at all you might even get laid,

'Cause they're pickin' and a-kickin'

on a Livingston Saturday Night.

So won't you listen to the sound of a hot country band,

Boot heels shufflin' on the dance floor sand

Sing a song, play some pong, shoot a little pool,

Hittin' on the honeys right out of high school.

Yeah, fifteen will get you twenty,

but that's all right,

'Cause they're rockin' and a rollin' on a

Livingston Saturday Night...... Jimmy Buffett (with apologies)

Born when Trueman was president and I'm 28 years old...

...er than my truck.

im 25 but i have been into cars since birth Grandpa is in the hot rod hall of fame dad is a mechanic and avid drag racer.. i on the other hand am the son that does the "import thing" but still gotta build my 69 Barracuda drag car, but i need a 510 to daily drive first.. so i guess what i was trying to get to is the maturity for alot of us comes from the fact that we have been around cars most if not all of are lives and take it very seriously, i know it is a very big part of who i am.

im kinda with you RB, my grandpa owned a service station in town, and restored several OLD cars (ford model A anyone??) my dad was a heavy equipment mechanic for several years, my cousin was a bike mechanic for about 25 years, and my uncle is a hot rod guy from way back...yeah...its in my blood!!

Well my dad has a crazy fast KA 510 2dr. and very nice 68 wagon. He's pushin 64. Just a bit older then most of us on here:lol: but still has the fun wrenchin and drivin the old pieces of metal.

close on the model A. 31 ford 5 window coupe that I helped my mom restore