Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

i am so done with painting engine compartments

not so much lazy, but i don't want the extra worry of keeping it clean & tidy

at shows, i won't open my hood unless someone asks me

I was more or less tired of having 2 shades of white, and a shade of grey randomly in there. So I will be happier knowing that there is only 1 color in my bay.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So couldn't sleep, so worked on another of my ongoing projects. The Headliner!

I pulled an Atom and used binder clips. 144 to be exact!

SNC11147.JPG

SNC11149.JPG

SNC11148.JPG

SNC11150.JPG

Turning out well. Need to fiddle around with the pillars a bit. But should be glue time soon!

This is one of those ebay headliners. It is a really nice material. Seams to be very strong, and super easy to clean! I picked a Light grey color for it.

SNC11153.JPG

And finally look at how many pieces my car is in!

SNC11154.JPG

Hood is on the roof. Windshield out. Fenders on the walls. Motor and tranny are out. Should be coming together real soon. I had a extra steering column, so I yanked the old one with all the auto tranny associated stuff out. Got my clutch master in with the hardline. And then bolted in my new pedals. So nice to see 3 pedals! Hmm why didnt I take a pic of that?

I heard you were looking for just the chrome piece. I FINELY found one with the clips for mine. My chrome was better so I kept it. But figured you could have the other chrome. If you don't need it I'll pick it back up Saturday when I go back to get my glasses. LOL

BTW, headliner looks killer!

probably... but even thought i`ve worked on a shit load of L motors not real sure how to remove without damage. i will go out and check it out ..Although i might not have a good one to start with so if someone else has one... give it up

Pressed in... more like rusted in!... BUT had greasy motor laying around( whats the chances LoL ) and if ya send me your address i could send it to you later today if you cant find a local one. I will be outside so responses maybe be scattered a bit

Oh,forgot ,, free just pay shipping and since i dont want government to think im making monies you can just pay me when i see you again..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA060-1.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA059-1-1.jpg

what I did is use the newer l18/20 style but cut the L16 one to length so you can still use the L15 intake hose to the PVC. the L16 tube is just dia bigger to pound on the L18 one. I cut mine about 2inch out from the 90deg bend. then size it.

to find the correct hose using the L18 system and to the manifold and getting the size right will take to long. I thought the way I did it was the fastes and keep it stock

Im having a fun night.

Wood block slipped when I put the head back on. That means timing cover comes off! Well the timing cover is back on now. So now time for reassembly!

That was frustrating. Luckily my car came with quite a few gaskets.