Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

Pictures!!!

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

This shows my new side mirror. I have it just to be legal. It is plastic and really sucks.

The car is now legal to drive, and drive it does. It has no problems getting around.

The heater needs to be figured out. When I turn it on, it is warm for 2 seconds then feels like the ambient air.

Im am gonna be ordering some parts now, not sure what though. I got a week and a half to I am back at the car.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good but not finished. I think you should paint the area behind the grill and valance black. Maybe a bumper? Like mike said. It needs to be lower

Oh its no where near finished. But drivable for now. It will be painted black.

Bumper: I have a front bumper for it, its showing age. I never had a rear bumper, and I would assume that it got demolished in whatever happened to the rear of the car. The rear bumper mounts are missing too. To me it looks funny/imbalanced with just a front bumper. Ill probably put it on to see what it looks like again.

Lower? Of course! The back is the easy part. Im planning a ZX strut swap, but need to find the struts... Im hoping for some bigger changes by new years.

• 2 months later...

Decided it was time to post more stuff. Got a few goodies, camera deleted a bunch of pictures <_< , anyways here is a little update.

Clutch fork boot

SNC16171.JPG

Shifter bushing done, Thanks Mike for the tip!

SNC16172.JPG

New wheels! Im gonna make them look much better, but just got back with them.

SNC16180.JPG

SNC16181.JPG

Like I said pictures have been deleted.

I currently have a dogleg tranny, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, clutch MC, Pedals ready to be dropped in, ZX struts that I need new rotors and calipers for, and then to switch the springs over from the 510 struts. Not sure when either the tranny swap or strut swap is taking place, but Im gonna push for before Canby.

Working on the wheels right now. Here is one with the paint removed. I then hit it with 0 steel wool just to see how it would turn out. I still have some repairs to do on it(them). This is so far the first and only wheel with removed paint.

SNC16184.JPG

SNC16185.JPG

Not sure yet, at least polishing the lip I think, but I also kinda liked the black look. Im gonna do some photoshopping to figure it out. The tires, well, this isnt my daily driver, in fact I havent driven the car in a month <_< , kinda the problem with school and all. But if those tires are bad you should see my jetta tires. But really new tires eventually(summer probably), but for now with how often I drive it and the fact I hate driving it in the rain (bad visibility) It shouldn't matter too much, oh and I have an auto L16 which we all know makes for one very fast car.

Try some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish with 0000 steel wool ................. those wheels polish up real nice ....... :thumbup:

Thats my plan, already have mothers polish, and 0000 steel wool, but I need to do a couple of repairs on the rim.

I've been thinking of ideas for my zx wheels, here's some pics to look over.

I like it with the black centers. Makes them seem like split six spokes.

8404b838.jpg

Black looks good as long as you keep 'em clean and keep the tires clean as well.

a08d5a20.jpg

I like the bronze on the rear wheel, but it looks like it's trying to be an aftermarket wheel when really it'll always be OEM :(

9dc9a400.jpg

It's ON!

You've made more progress on your goon tho. Got any pics of the wheels on? Find any lugs yet?

No, havent been home with the goon since I got the wheels, only got them yesterday. No lugs yet, skib was gonna check to see if he had any.

I like the painted "inserts". What size tires are those and what are you going to get?

Those are 185/60/14 Dunlop Direzza. Not a whole lot of tread left but enough for my car for now. I will probably get a set of Federal 185/55/14 for it.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=87623514.135.8206&Cookie=froogle&typ=R-125115&ranzahl=4&Breite=185&Quer=55&Felge=14&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135&sowigan=So

I too like the painted inserts, but in satin black. It visually lightens up the wheel and gives it that touch of detail.

Hmm I will have to try on my next wheel. Gloss is what I had on hand. And its Rustoleum proffesional!