Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

If you go satin, I suggest something that's tough, like SEM trim black, or at the least, automotive grade trim black from your local Kragen/etc. And go satin, not flat black.

trim satin charcoal gray would look great too. Also made by SEM (can be found at your local autobody parts store)

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came home to some goodies! first up a clock for the instrument cluster since I have no tach.

SNC16210.JPG

Got some window channel felt! No more rattling windows :) (I actually have 2 pairs)

SNC16211.JPG

And finally, I got some clear turn signals. I rather dislike the color orange on a car unless its the paint. This includes the taillights on cars that have orange turn signals.

SNC16209.JPG

I came home to some goodies! first up a clock for the instrument cluster since I have no tach.

SNC16210.JPG

Got some window channel felt! No more rattling windows :) (I actually have 2 pairs)

SNC16211.JPG

And finally, I got some clear turn signals. I rather dislike the color orange on a car unless its the paint. This includes the taillights on cars that have orange turn signals.

SNC16209.JPG

i want to get some of those too wher did you get them i have orange ones but dislike them dry.gif

I think I will eventually smoke the clear lenses, also I am going to get the sidemarkers in clear as well.

And picture of the clock installed. Yes the time is wrong. No it isnt wired in yet. I couldn't see any obvious wires in the vicinity.

SNC16219.JPG

Painted the Core Support today! and the wheel wells while I was at it. Satin black if you are wondering, Rustoleum Acrylic Enamel.

SNC16221.JPG

SNC16220.JPG

Couldn't tell what I was taking pictures of, the backlight on the camera screen stopped working.

More pictards!

New look of front end. Note: trim around headlights is not in.

SNC16227.JPG

New 3/4 shot. It is horrible as I was cramped where I took the picture.(The cat is trained to stay off my car ;) )

SNC16225.JPG

My wheels! Could use a polish...

SNC16226.JPG

Good job on the satin black. Touch up those suspension parts while you're at it, I see white overspray ;)

Yes you do, I almost didn't post that picture. It will go away eventually. When it gets warmer/drier here I plan on cleaning/painting the underside completely.

As some of you probably know, I was having some horrible ignition misfires, like my car was starting to turn off while driving and then would "start" up again. It was also like a bucking bull, the car kept lurching and then losing power and then lurching again. So Tonight I got some parts from RockAuto. New points, New Cap and Rotor, New NGK wires. Also did an oil change. Car is running like it used to!

So a question though. While looking at my distributor I noticed it is wired for dual points, 2 condensors, 2 plugs from the outside that connect to the Coil, but I only had 1 point in there. Would it be beneficial to hook up a second point since I can?

I wanted to check timing, the "V" and dash line up perfectly at TDC. But for setting the Distributor, my timing light wont work... I get 1 or 2 flashes then it wont flash. Eh I suppose it is close enough, I might try to advance it a little, Car isn't pinging with 87 octane.

It is running off 1 set of points currently ,,, rather than 2 sets of points ?

Your 510 is an automatic ,,, isn't it a dual point system regardless ,,,

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm ,,, make sure to gap them correctly

I honestly don't know enough about your ignition system ,,, other than if it were me I would want to know BOTH sets of points were hooked up and working properly :)

Looks good but not finished. I think you should paint the area behind the grill and valance black. Maybe a bumper? Like mike said. It needs to be lower

Swee!.t core is painted black. Looks good.

Yes, you got to me. The process of pulling the fenders I sheared 10 bolts :blink: Plenty of PB blaster... Got 9 out of the 10 out. The 10th one I drilled out and an now using a lag bolt :unsure:

As for lowering, $30 bucks at Autozone and I will be able to drop the rear 2 or 3 inches I think only 2 for now though and not until the front is lowered. Next term When I get more money, I will be dropping the front. I have the ZX struts, but need new rotors/calipers/pads and probably inserts. I just need to find someone with a welder, which wont be too hard.

So by Canby my goals are:

1)Drop car 2 inches or so

2)5 speed swap!

3)Get the interior back to normal, I have a new headliner, and a carpet kit, but need to get the windshield in there first.

This is very doable.

That's so doable. You'll be done with plenty of time to finish my list. Are your going coilovers? While your at it go with shorter inserts.

Im not made of money! In fact I have no job...

No coil overs, cost too much for now. Im trying to not do new inserts, they can cost a lot too.