shadys 620 build

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahahahaha, yeah the canopy is huge, but can be handy at times, but it will spend more time off. the panels are going to get some glass. and they will be upholstered, it just makes them a bit nicer to put your arm on when its warm or cold. the upholstery shop doesnt like glass cause its hard to stape thru, but used stratigicly, is o.k. still gotta cut the holes for the drink holders, and form the handle/armrest more, but the bottom is almost the right shape, it forms perfectly around the seat too!!

• 2 months later...

o.k so its been a bit, i found my thread on the 4th page!!! lol so here are some new pix of the parts back from the powder coaters (i get it free) they are satin black, and look great, especially beebanis control arms v2.0. im waiting to get more parts back, but this gets the basics across. i have a secret in store for the lower control arms later!!!! can you say wood? and for those who forgot, im using hardbody spindles, breaks yada yada......and 79 620 lower control arms. enjoy the pix!

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

o.k guys so its time!! i got some more parts back from the powder coaters, now this may make you wonder, but my lower control arms and my under engine support look exactly like they were made of WOOD!!!! its gonna blow ppls minds when they see it. my father in law works for this poweder company that can powder coat wood grain. and it actually looks and almost feels like wood with the durabilaty of powder!!! enjoy the pix!

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

023.jpg

:eek: that looks bad ass :eek: I had to look at it a few times to make sure it wasnt wood..:lol: that is gonna screw with peoples minds man, I love it

thanks everyone!!! its really cool stuff and comes in about 7 different styles of wood grain. this is douglas fir. they have cherry knotty pine, mohagany and others i cant remeber. its really only good on straight pieces more like the cross member. the lower control arms have missed spots without any grain due to the systems limitations. normally its used for railings and window frames where you need the performance of aluminum and the appearance of wood. i just thought id be the first!!!

twisted, there is a good chance your coaters cant do that stuff, i believe its the only machine in north america. its close to 1 million to buy the thing too. the process is called sublimation. basically the metal gets coated in a base powder, then it gets put in special bags that have the grain on the inside of them, then vacuumed really tight on a rack. it then gets stuck into a really big oven, kinda like a salamander in your kitchen. when its in the oven, the wood grain is burned into the powder and it stains it forever. the process is from europe and is catching on here really quick. the company i use is called Mayne Coatings in Langley B.C. (Canada) i get my coating done free cause im family!! but i cant abuse my priviledge. the owner want pix of when its assembled, there gonna use it for product testing. heres the website, http://www.maynecoatings.com/woodgrain.htm

Guest jaimesix

Nice 620. My father bought a brand new one back in the day, I remember it. These trucks have a special place in my memory.

Definitely cool trucks.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...