shadys 620 build

jumpin, i was thinking black, or charcoal, but the truck is going to end up honda fit blue. dont exactly know what it would look like then. i also made some progress wed. i actually started assembling the suspention and beakes into sub-assemblies. its one step closer to stopping in a hurry.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

update on the truck, ive actually started working on it again!!! im doing the front disc swap, electric fan, lowering it, and a 5 speed swap. the pix are all of tyhe disc swap since the rest is basic. ive also found out i need new t/c rods and bushing spacers on the lower arms. nobody ever mentions that part when they talk of the swap.

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

yeah i know beebani, its been a while. i have no job, but lots of time, so all the parts ive collected are getting put to use. and soon or later ill do the r1 carbs. also found out something annoying today, i pressure washed the engine bay as the motor was filthy. under the grime i saw the engine code, L16 :( it has good power, but it should say L20b im ok with a 1.8, but a 1.6 is just dang small. the previous owner said that someone told him his engine wasnt a good type and said that this one is much more powerful, so he had it swapped. also picked up some 3" blocks for the rear, and got the brakes installed and they just need to be bled.

upgraded the alternator to a zx model, took the fan clutch/pump off and put on all zx front pulleys, belts now line up, and the zx has a damper pulley instead of solid. now i just need to install the electric fan, i had a 16" but its way to big for such a small rad and engine. i have a nissan frontier one im going to try, its quite small.

• 1 month later...

got the transmission swapped to a 5speed!!!! i tried to connect the torsion bars today as well, turns out the 75 model torsion arms dont fit the 78/79 control arms. i have a wanted ad for those now. if anyone reading this has a spare set of 78/79 torsion bar arms let me know. those parts are holding up my build!!! also found 2 small holes in the drivers floor, quite simple fixes. they are the only 2 holes on the whole truck. also installed the new grille from bagged datsun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

aight so it drive again finally. only problem is that the rear brakes are locking up in the wet, and gravel. not good considering winter is coming. im gonna search first, then ask if i cant find it. but they are bled properly and they are adjusted up good. i may have to install a willwood bias valve to assist. this is a 78/79 master so i dont see why its doing this. any suggestions are appreciated. enjoy some pixors

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

aight another update. they come slow, but thats cause im always working on my dattos!!! i got the truck thru smog (aircare) the other day, now its got insurance and im daily driving it. i put on a set of studded tires for the snow that really hasnt showed up around here yet. im looking to get newer tires for the 17's seeing as they only have 3/32 tread left on them. i was looking for 17" snow tires, but at 250 a piece, ill pass. got to get a passanger seat and tune it better. i also installed a matchbox dizzy and wow what a difference even compared to pertronix i had installed. no more dead spot in the accel. i can floor it right from idle all the way to 7000!! when i got the alignment done the shop was really tricked out by the wood grain parts!! exactly what i wanted to happen. overall the truck drives nice and with the high back plastic seats i have just enough leg room to be comfy, i just gotta get foam installed and some covers so im not sitting right on the plastic. i have a vinyl cover for it, but i dont like them either.