shadys 620 build

well it seems the project is getting going, so its time to post pix. seems to be a good idea to bounce ideas off of ppl here. i only have a few pix to start of when i fist got the truck, and ill get a few more as i go. right now im doing the interior simply because it sucks the worst. im installing plastic drag seat, because they are very thin, and cheap. and im making custom door panels and installing billet window cranks. got sound deadening, and new outdoor carpet from home depot (charcoal) dash is mint, but the headliner is tan and needs re-doing. visors are wimpy, and need to match. there is no rust, so just a coat of black, and im on my way. pix to follow, but enjoy the project and feel free to suggest thing, i can always change it if ppl feel it looks too far outta place!!!

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From looking at the pictures it looks like that paint would buff out pretty nice. The body looks straight... I say screw the black, and buff that red paint out!

I'm not really a fan of plastic drag seats, but that's just my .02

I will second both ofthose suggestions, and i find the "sport truck" sticker on the fender kinds interesting. I would prefer to see factory paint that isnt perfect rather that rattle can black or even a gun job with flat black paint.

Jason

i looked it over, how come ppl are thinking im gonna do it black? im actually gonna paint it properly (i have a spray booth) its gonna be new honda civic blue. that really nice metallic flake blue, just drive by any dealership to see it. the one fender is primer red too, the po thought it matched!! ive removed the bumper, and installed chevy 17" steel rims with pix to follow!! oh, and the huge mirrors have been removed and waiting for my peep mirrors to arrive. the sport truck sticker is an odd one, i dont know where it can from, but im gonna have it re-made, just incase they are really rare, gotta do some re-search on that one. prolly a dealership thing.

DAMN thats a pretty red truck. There's a really nice Blue 79 shorty down in Seattle for sale. I could get that, and we could trade?

what year is your truck? the bed, and your hooks look perfect!

I WANT YOUR TRUCK!

there is no rust, so just a coat of black, and im on my way.

QUOTE]

Got the black idea from you opening post. So i gave my two cents about the black, and primer seems to be the trend. Poperly painted black in a good booth would be good as would the Cibic blue. I am not a fan of color changes though, only because most of the that you see dont get the engine compartment or interior completely painted also.

Jason

this ones a 75 with 35000 original miles. the front body parts are the only ones that need minor attention, and the roof, looks like someone sat on it :( the interior of the bed is showroom, it never got used!!! its still shiney. i guess the canopy kept it that way, its got a bed mat in it too, but its gonna get rhino lined. im kinda partial to my exellent find, but thanks for the offer!

DAMN thats a pretty red truck. There's a really nice Blue 79 shorty down in Seattle for sale. I could get that, and we could trade?

what year is your truck? the bed, and your hooks look perfect!

I WANT YOUR TRUCK!

sure, you can have first dibs, but after all the work and some good years of service, i dunno how long it will be, so stay on the site, and one day you never know. i dont plan on selling it soon, i kinda need the truck for my house garbage runs and car shows!

• 1 month later...

alright, more progress is made, and i kept forgetting the camera. i got new 17" chevy steel rims, 215/45/17 tires, used but good to roll on. i temp. installed a plastic highback seat, which needs a frame build and a cover made so its more comfy. then i started on the custom door panels. there gonna have cup holder in them, cause these little trucks really need them, specially for road trips. and i took the huge truck mirrors of and installed a set of 4" round peep mirrors, they look sweet to me, and arent very noticable at all, and work well enough, dont really got to see behind anyway.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

as you can see it really is begging for that 3" drop. its coming soon, but not soon enough. also on the list is to finish the door panels, and lay some carpet and get the seats done. lots more legroom with those thin seats!! the cats name is shelby, she keeps all the vermin away from my shop

the seat will be foamed pretty good on the bottom. the datto parts are gonna be on the truck, plus the canopy will be on and off depending what im hauling. the ride is much more harsh, but worth the increase in handling and looks, but it really needs the 3" drop to make it look right, those wheel dont suit it right now. for a blue truck i was thinking that color, charcoal or black wheels for it. any votes?

ill do a how to after im done on the door panels, its really simple, but messy if youre in your house. i wont do the fabric covering part, but the rest im good for. il get some pix of the billet aluminum window cranks i got. there sweet, but fit the ratsun style.