620 on daytons/wire wheels.

sick620

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't - check out the forum "Show off your truck wheels" last post/eight pages March 31st and see if something similar is pictured. I like raders/escras myself...it's just that they roll with rubber bands so it's kind of a rough ride unless you got the right suspension upgrades and shocks.

Dayton wire wheels? Fairlady: Maybe. 620: Not really. More sporty and less utility IMHO.

wellll... i say no, but i digress.

anyways, keven down at MK sale and pawn on the boulevard in caldwell sells wires left and right. hes accross the street from D&B.

hes got a back room full of wheels and adapters.

hit him up and tell him that i sent ya there and that you wanna try out a wheel. im pretty sure hell let ya try one on the truck there.

I say don't do it because I'm going to do it! hahah =P

"I think" it looks awesome stylish and therefore awesome.

But! I'm thinking of getting chrome 17" 100 spoke wheels with the pyrimid looking knockoff and low profile tires. (I don't like the low rider look with the 13" wheels, that's my opinion though)

Here is a youtube video with a D21 Datsun Truck with wire wheels. AWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEEE :cool:

I had a set of 17" wire wheels on my 77 Kc 620 and before that I had them on a rusty beater 73 620. They looked alright.

77dat.jpg

Aug01_001.jpg

77Datrod.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

I also had a set of 13" gold spokes, just test tried them on my rusty 620.

1973Datsun620F.jpg

I never used the chrome / gold spoke wheels, just put two on to see how it would look. I didn't like them either. I had my 17" wires on almost everything, old buick, couple s-10 pickups, most of my Datsun pickups. I like them but they have to be on the right vehicle with the right tire size to look good. I never had them on anything that looked "perfect" in my opinion, that is why the rims are sitting out back for the past couple years.

:rofl: Word!

Suspect, the rims on the KC look ok, the small gold/chrome ones on the black truck look horrible. Just my opinion.

I never used the chrome / gold spoke wheels, just put two on to see how it would look. I didn't like them either. I had my 17" wires on almost everything, old buick, couple s-10 pickups, most of my Datsun pickups. I like them but they have to be on the right vehicle with the right tire size to look good. I never had them on anything that looked "perfect" in my opinion, that is why the rims are sitting out back for the past couple years.

Suspect! Those are just the ones I've been looking for everyday on craigslist, 17" with those same knock offs...would you be willing to send em over to someone who will bring em back on the road and show off like crazy? XD I'll pay cash money!

Suspect! Those are just the ones I've been looking for everyday on craigslist, 17" with those same knock offs...would you be willing to send em over to someone who will bring em back on the road and show off like crazy? XD I'll pay cash money!

I've considered selling them but shipping them anywhere is costly. I'd sell a set for $300 without tires or $350 with tires with choice of a few different sizes. These wheels are old, bought them brand new just before they were discontinued. They are LA Wire brand wheels.