Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly guys it would be a waste of time and money. All a manufacturer would have to do is change up the baffling inside it and they could claim substantial difference and get another patent or just get away with ignoring his.

My understanding is that the worthwhile part/time is the patent pending.....you get the protection without the cost.  By the time it's up, you've gotten a jumpstart.....provided you're making/selling them yourself.  I wouldn't spend the money on one.....if it's at all interesting, the chinese are going to copy it.  Brad, at TacticalKeychains.com has had several products/ideas copied by the chinese so far......even ones he had patented.  

• Like 1

Patents are granted by country. A US patent only has authority in the US unless granted authority elsewhere by treaty between us and the country honoring it. The Chinese have no obligation to respect US patents. The most a patent holder could do is prevent importation and sale of the copy part in the US.

Yup.

I've been cleaning the shop last couple of times out there. It got a little crazy... I need everything clean and put away so I can pull the motor and get the bay prepped for paint.

Before pulling the motor I need to build a mount plate and braces that will allow me to mount the bulkhead connector after I solder wires and place it in the exact location it will be once the motor is installed. Then I can pull the wires forward and route nicely to the connectors all while on the engine stand and not hunched over in the bay...

Anyways. Lots of work. Motor will be out this weekend.

• Like 1

Got accomplished what I wanted to today. Motor is back out for the last time. Now it's on to final prep of the bay and get ready for paint!!

IMG_20151127_183128_zpsznjre325.jpg

IMG_20151127_183141_zpszad8zvgi.jpg

IMG_20151127_183225_zpsm5fhkwmi.jpg

Here's what's left of my harness. Bare essentials....

IMG_20151127_183400_zpsx47e2mnb.jpg

33 wires and I would say at least 5 of those are redundant and will be bundled...

• Like 5

I decided it was best to build the harness now while its all fresh in my mind. I have time so now is as good as any...

Made my ghetto temporary bulkhead connector mount...

IMG_20151128_185527_zps9hlgqk36.jpg

Oops....

IMG_20151128_185557_zpsdmfny5xc.jpg

Wires...

IMG_20151128_185518_zps5uvhnkil.jpg

The whole harness. Not much left...

IMG_20151128_185541_zpsv5ard3q5.jpg

I'm not really excited about building the harness.. Never done one before and I'm not sure if I'll live up to my own expectations... It's gotta be clean and the room for error is nil...

• Like 4
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)