well shit...

Skib

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cosigning this, the truck is possessed.

Went to align it and the aligner broke, dead. Went on a drive with leo, came back, shut it off and it started it self back up, not dieseling just off, then vroom and idling. spooky

121420101224.jpg

lolz wtf :huh: Its never done that to me :lol:

its runnin great now, still diesels a little but its got some nasty ass plugs in there, timing isnt set, and the carbs arnt tuned for the L16

doin all that stuff tomorrow and putting in a fresh set of NGKs :cool:

I had a Subi that would start itself in the driveway with no one in it and no keys. Freaked me out! I had it towed to a shop! Turns out the PO had installed a remote car starter (no remote fob) and did not tell me and it was shorting. I didn't know the inside of a Subi hood at all so I had no idea!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

because of the brake booster on the 620 there is absolutely 0 room to run a regular filter on the rear SU :(

so I started designing an airbox for my SU's with a cardboard mockup.

started out with this from just eye balling it

0110111356.jpg

but it was to big and hit the reservoirs

0110111355.jpg

gave it a bit of trim and it fits perfect :lol:

0110111418.jpg

0110111429.jpg

0110111430.jpg

Ill then have some piping from the box to a cone filter behind the high beam

0110111430a.jpg

its not the greatest design airflow wise but itl take air in and filter it, all that needs to be done on my DD

Q: How are you going to access the bolts to attach to the carbs? Maybe make the inlet big enough to get your hand into so they are hidden.

its going to be a 2 piece box. thats just the plenum.

theres going to be a flat plate with a lip that bolts to the carbs and then the box bolts to that. same idea as the stock SU air boxes.

like this

0110110335.jpg

4460476349_9b21b4bb63.jpg

just without the filter inside

Eh, bolt the cardboard on and call it good. Need to use a beer halfrack case though.

jk

I don't have any pics, but when I got a '79 620 (back in 1993) it had a complete JDM engine, with SUs. The prior owner managed to find round foam Weiand filters with backing plates that fit perfect... the foam just crushed against the brake booster.

Too bad in 1993 the truck had to pass smog, and wouldn't with those SUs. It ran great otherwise.