well shit...

Skib

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ya. He pulled out a running turbo engine and sold it

anyone else here ever build a datto motor that sold for $2,500?.............. ya didnt think so :fu:

in other news...

since the parts store gave the wrong belt it was kinda halted lastnight so I started on the old L20

1207102219.jpg

I pulled the #4 piston and found nothing...........

literally, nothing at all. there are zero remnants of a bearing here..... i cant even tell if there was one there in the first place. :blink:

1207102237.jpg

1207102238.jpg

1207102239.jpg

1207102239a.jpg

Impossible! That's fucked. Check the pan for pieces. Cut the oil filter open. If it's full of flakes the oil pump will be chewed as well.

hahahaha I did! :rofl: theres nothing there but lots of crud, if theres a bearing there its been ground to dust :blink:

guess its a good thing Im not using the old oil pump :lol:

I havent even pulled the other ones out yet, just the #4 :mellow:

No way! There will be pieces in the oil pan at the least. I've seen them worn and hammered down the razor thinness, welded to the rods or the crank or both. Cut the oil filter open, if there are no fine flakes in the oil then there wasn't a bearing in there. How the hell did the piston not hit the head?

Hahaha

Skib! The bearing halves are stuck to the crank!!!!!

Crazy! Did Kevin build this motor? Or someone else? I'm sure he built it correctly, maybe it went to visit #3.

not sure what the back story is but I can tell some of it was done with used the parts, the timing chain had loads of slack in it and such.

No way! There will be pieces in the oil pan at the least. I've seen them worn and hammered down the razor thinness, welded to the rods or the crank or both. Cut the oil filter open, if there are no fine flakes in the oil then there wasn't a bearing in there. How the hell did the piston not hit the head?

Hahaha

Skib! The bearing halves are stuck to the crank!!!!!

yes way :lol: theres nothing resembling bearing scraps in the pan

Ill cut it open and report back.....

A guy named Matt built the engine. Corey knows who he is. I have never met the guy. The kid I got the original truck that the L20 was in said him and his buddy put a cam in, the weber it had on it and the matchbox dizzy. The kid before him did god knows what to it and Matt was the owner before that guy. So it has been the village bicycle. :lol: Also when I had got it the valves were adjusted to chevy specs by one of those people.

if that was a matt motor it was beat by several people and lasted a long time....matt knows how to build a motor...but i dont think that was one of them....just some of the assories were from him....good job skib on gettn r done.....i want a burny video....lol...oh ya .....you missed that 620 huh......lol :P

The crank! They have to be still on the crank. Read previous post. It has to be the answer.

first place I checked! :lol:

this is the crank, nothings been removed from it what so ever. nothing there

1208101918.jpg

and the oil filter cut open.......

1208101857.jpg

1208101908.jpg

theres nothing hahaha :rofl:

Skib, if your interested, I have the original engine from my last 620. It is apart right now. I had the crank polished. The rod and main bearings are still good. Thin but good. No frozen rings. The block does have the crack at the center stud though. Let me know if your in the need. It would be a good candidate for a builder.

welp I got it fired up, could only run it briefly since its just the strait header on there lol

still have to go threw and tighten up and double check a bunch of stuff but it should be back on the road tomorrow. :lol:

remember how I said I HATE working on anything near the front of a 620........ and then you lold cuz I got a 620....... well I still fuckin hate it.

I dont even want to look at that thing and its poorly planned out front suspension and steering set up.

it looks good when the hood stays shut <_<

rage.png?1261853547

refering to that