Ka in a 521! I'm goin for it! Lol

I think 3 horses is a little over-board.....

You would have better luck trying to fit 2 horses in the front of your Datsun,

This Hummer only needs 2 horses......... (but it can't go in reverse).......... which is a good thing:

article-1260571-08DCCCE2000005DC-347_634x344.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I want to attach three horses to my car so I can have a horse-drawn datsun. What do I need? Thanks.

i was thinking of doing this swap to my goon but decided that tigers would do better do to the fact that they would double as security... but i would love to see ur build thread on this....

and just for datzenmike... douche bag

hehehehehehe

HAINZ!!! ur the l motor god ur not aloud to like KAs haha

• Like 1

The KA E or DE is a distant relative of the original L series.

The cylinders are the same distance apart and a KA head can fit the L series block. The RWD oil pumps will swap too. KA and Z24 rods are interchangeable and an L20B rod will fit the KA crank though to no good purpose. With minor mods a KA flywheel will fit the L and Z engines I believe.

• Like 1

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: wow i didnt know all that! when ever i need any info i think im just going to type douche bag....... its like mikes bat signal :D haha

but thanks for the info mike ill write that down in my haynes manual

i hope when i have kids... they will be respectful and listen and learn. its a long shot....

and this thread is more like a community thread, since the datsun kid has not posted since july tenth... that could be because he is doing the swap right now

lol.gif im just kidding.

• 4 months later...

mine is just complete. i am having issues with overheating today thoughunsure.gif fan seems to have a mind of its own. gonna have a go at it later. btw i take no responsibility for this swap. i paid a local datsun nut. so to OP good luck! just scored the wheels yesterday.

DSC_1845.jpg

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2313.jpg

DSC_2314.jpg

DSC_2315.jpg

DSC_2316.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

mine is just complete. i am having issues with overheating today thoughunsure.gif fan seems to have a mind of its own. gonna have a go at it later. btw i take no responsibility for this swap. i paid a local datsun nut. so to OP good luck! just scored the wheels yesterday.

DSC_2317.jpg

U have a build thread? That's one of the cleanest 521's I've seen yet. 6-lug minilites! Nice.

-Brian

sorry no build thread, just a few before and afters. like i said before i take no credit for the swap, up til now ive been waiting for the swap to be complete. i am not mechanically gifted like most of the members on here. im just a car enthusiast that loves datsun trucks.

im still not done with her yet. wheels are on right now just to see if i have any fitment issues. they will be getting a fresh powdercoat and polish. still need dynamat and carpet, my exhaust seems to be hitting the bed, and im still looking for some leaf springs.

learning a lot from some of the threads on here and some are just entertaining. this is mainly going to be a weekend cruiser/garage. i was hoping to finish up by the end of the year but a condo is in the near future soo floors and bathrooms come first for me right now. im attaching some pics of the stereo console and 6x9 kick panels, sorry op for stealing your thread. hope your build is working out for you.

DSC_2320.jpg

DSC_2318.jpg

DSC_2319.jpg

• 2 years later...

im trying to get mine up and running. just wondering what are people doing for the throttle cable? i have 2in of slack. im tempted to cut it and put a new wire stop for the pedal.

I used a pathfinder throttle cable.

@  INDY510      you say it takes 25 hours of wiring?  I would like to disagree with you there.   You need 3 4 pin relays and in about 4-5 hours or less you can have a running KA swap.  If you had the can am box it could be running in 45 minutes.

@  INDY510      you say it takes 25 hours of wiring?  I would like to disagree with you there.   You need 3 4 pin relays and in about 4-5 hours or less you can have a running KA swap.  If you had the can am box it could be running in 45 minutes.

shameless plug on the can am box lol