Dennis' 72 510

Didn't get any pics today but I stripped down the front cross member and primed and painted it with some rattle can gloss black. This is only temporary because I need to mount the engine and transmission soon because we are closing either March 14th or March 31st and I will need to flat bed the 510 to the new house. It will be a lot easier to flat bed it with the motor and transmission in it for me.

The garage is pretty cool, not the best but I couldn't buy a house just for the garage. 5 bedroom, 4 full bathrooms, 3 car garage, oh and it is brand new.

Since I have no pics, here is one of my bulldog with a plastic cucumber in his mouth. It would have been cool if he had a plastic cigar.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you notice the 620 motor mounts/isolators are different, the one on the left is 1/4" taller than the other. I am going to order both mounts again and see if this makes any significant difference in mounting height of the SR.

The 620 isolators raises the engine so the steering link doesn't hit the block. Sometimes the wholes in the 620 isolator need to be slotted slightly. Which is odd to me how sometimes the fit so nice and sometimes the need slight slotting..... Maybe it could be due to the fact that some of them are slightly thicker. We've always gotten them at Pull A Part though, who knows maybe they are slightly mooshed prior to our installation. :) Here is a pic of them on an NA SR.

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

The 620 isolators raises the engine so the steering link doesn't hit the block. Sometimes the wholes in the 620 isolator need to be slotted slightly. Which is odd to me how sometimes the fit so nice and sometimes the need slight slotting..... Maybe it could be due to the fact that some of them are slightly thicker. We've always gotten them at Pull A Part though, who knows maybe they are slightly mooshed prior to our installation. :) Here is a pic of them on an NA SR.

I knew the 620 isolator were thicker, but the difference between the right and left 620 isolators are 1/4" So I used 2 of the right side. As a matter of fact I have two right and two left to see if raising the motor an additional 1/4" helps. The new 620 isolators mounted up perfectly, no alignment issues or elongation of the holes was required. Thanks for all your help Jeff, I don't know how many posts of yours I have researched before buying all of these parts and making them fit.

I'm glad to help :) So is the right side 620 mount the one that looks like a 510 one or the mount that looks like the one in the pic I posted?

Here you go

1st pic is a Westar EM-2532 (Drivers Side/Left)

2nd pic is a Westar EM-2533 (Passenger Side/Right)

3rd pic is a 620 Passenger side from a different manufacturer

4th pic is a stock 510 isolator

That is about a 1/2" difference between EM-2532 and the stock 510 isolator. Also all three isolators fit the stock 510 cross member towers.

0011.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

• 1 month later...

sorry for the lack of posting, I have been busy finishing up the home build. The home build is done now were just trying to fill it with furniture since we went from 1400sq ft to 4100sq ft. The 510 was flatbedded up today and is resting in its new permanent home.

004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Actually making some progress. I have a large storage shelf dedicated to parts so I needed some room on the shelf for some new parts that are coming in. I decided to remove the old dented stock pan and put on my new aluminum pan. First I used a razor blade to remove the old grey RTV that was on the mounting lip and removed all the old grease. I put some new grey permatex on the new oil pan and just finger tightened the bolts for one hour before torquing the bolts down to 5.5ftlbs.

I also temporarily mounted my new bottom mount manifold just to get a look at things.

Manifold Side View

IMAG0253.jpg

Front view of new oil pan (sits around 1/2" above the crossmember)

IMAG0254.jpg

Side view of the oil pan

IMAG0252.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mounted the turbo to the manifold today, that was a nice little two hour job. I had to open up the T25 mounting holes since I am using M10x1.25 studs, it also seems that the turbo flange is a little warped so I might have to have the flange milled or have a new flange welded up to it.

IMG012.jpg

Your baffled oil pan is pretty sweet! :cool:

Just curious...Is your bottom-mount manifold going to fit in the 510? I prefer the bottom-mount myself, I just thought all the guys ran top-mounts for clearance reasons?

Yes, it will fit, It is custom made for a 510.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after viewing the Canby picture thread and seeing some bad assed dimes I decided that since I want to try and make it next year I need to get off my ass and do some work.

I mounted the Datsport water neck, painted the block a new color, and mounted the manifold.

IMG043.jpg

The color is a blusish titanium VHT

IMG042.jpg

Hey do you know the part # for this?? I need one..

Thanks!

Just use the email system on the datsport website and tell them the motor you have and most likely BAZ will email you back with a total dollar amount including shipping. It took a little over a week (about 10 days maybe) to get here. It is a very nice product, I think I gave them about 106.00 out the door for it shipped.

I will be ordering the maddat sway bar in a week or so, I am making good progress on the installing the motor, I just had a setback and had to order a new front main seal this morning.

Just use the email system on the datsport website and tell them the motor you have and most likely BAZ will email you back with a total dollar amount including shipping. It took a little over a week (about 10 days maybe) to get here. It is a very nice product, I think I gave them about 106.00 out the door for it shipped.

I will be ordering the maddat sway bar in a week or so, I am making good progress on the installing the motor, I just had a setback and had to order a new front main seal this morning.

Cool thanks! I tried looking it up on their website but couldn't find it.. I will try to email them, Thanks!