Dennis' 72 510

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe this is what my 510 looks like under all that cammo spraypaint I am removing! My yellow might be lighter though. But the stock paint I am finding is way more beat up.

Thanks for the inspiration to keep scrubbing!

Scott, you have made some great progress. I am a disabled vet so basically that means I am mister mom. I have to take care of the day to day needs of my four kids and dinners. Right now I have a 5 year old and once he starts school next year and we are moved into our new house the fun will begin. Besides the basic household chores I should be able to devote on average 5 to 6 hours per day on the 510.

This pic was a bright Texas day so the yellow on a normal day isnt so bright.

Tomorrow I am going to take another entry for the Ratsun Calendar in HDR. I will probably set the car up in multiple positions, I think it will look best with part of the grille showing so I might polish it up a bit.

Looking good. It reminds me of a yellow 4 door I sold to a guy up in Oregon. Looks just like it. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks, I would have a ton more pictures but my garage is not close to my apartment and I forget my camera all the time so I have to shoot them with my EVO phone.

Ok here is the rear wilwood install.

1. I removed the wheels then drums and cut off the backing plate with a combination of a cut off wheel and my dremel tool. No pictures but it was easy enough, here is a pic of the area before the install.

045.jpg

2 I then cleaned everything up just a little and then installed the caliper adapter.

046.jpg

3. Caliper and stainless steel hoses.

047.jpg

Overall a pretty easy install. The hardest part was removing the backing plate and loosening up the old hard line and old brake hoses. I haven't had any time to take it for a spin since I was trying to raise the rear coil overs just a little bit before going out but the teflon stopper on the set screw is jammed up on the sleeve so I will be messing with that tomorrow. I also noticed a little rubbing after the brake install so I rolled it even further and it went away.

• 3 weeks later...

hey whats the cold cranking amps on that Odessy battery and does it crank over the motor pretty good?

My trunk mount is only mounted and not hooked up, this time of the year is not good for me to work on the 510 because of family. I will probably hook it up in a few weeks after I bleed my brakes again. I know of two people on this board that uses them and both have no issues. I know of a whole bunch of people outside of the board that use them without issues as well. One thing is for certain, if you have a amplified stereo system I wouldn't run one. If you have the basics on your car then this is perfect for the small displacement engines. Make sure you alternator can handle all of your accessories and you will be fine. If you only drive your car a little bit at a time and once in a while then you are going to have to charge it frequently (this is going to be my case).

Odyssey rates their batteries a little different than just using CCA, CCA measurements are not held to a standard so they go off of a real world measurement.

680 cranking amps for 5 seconds

595 cranking amps for 10 seconds

525 cranking amps for 20 seconds

• 2 weeks later...

this is coming out great

Thanks, my 620 motor mounts/isolators should be here by monday. My modified crossmember should be here in a week and a half. My tranny mount should be here in a week and a half. I am not going to order any more parts till I can get rid of my L16 and transmission, I need to get this mounted because I only have a single car garage and it is very tight right now.