Project Grey_Matter

im not trying to make the truck fast at all, im trying to make life simpler by getting rid of the points, and im fully capable of installing the dizzy myself.

i am an aircraft engine mechanic

these are what i fix:

MyMilitaryPics013.jpg

Damn! The only Hornet I owned was a 1952 Hudson Hornet, those sure as hell could outrun me.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on jets dont corrolate with me when it comes to Datsuns.

Get a Matchbox dizzy or even a early Nissan EI remote type(use a GM module) and Pac Coast Datsun can hook up installing them.

Also its sometimes not a drop in as the rotor may point a different direction. Thats why put motor at TDC then install.or you get a mismatched timmimg plate and mount. Make sure you get a matching set

I worked on F15s in Bitburg Germany in late 85-88. Com ,Nav IFF mode4 Radar warning UHF radios and got a f15 ride in Spain once. But I didnt know anything about datsuns at that time.

If you have a single point dizzy soemtimes you can convert ot a Pertronix conversion and use the same coil and ballast resisitor.

i am well versed in auto mechanics. and being a Com/Nav guy isnt even remotely like being a mechanic.

this isnt the first car ive built, im not an idiot like you seem to be insinuating.

i broke down and bit the bullet...i gone and bought a new carb for the truck.

i do have a question about the distributors though. do they make centrifugal advance distributors for our beloved Datsuns? cause i want to get an electronic distributor with centrifigal advance to make tuning alot easier

All Datsun points or EI distributors have vacuum and centrifugal advance. They are totally necessary if driving below 3,000 RPMs. The car would never pass emissions without the vacuum advance and would drive like shit and give poor mileage as well. The mechanical and vacuum advance are for the most part reliable and are non adjustable... nor should you ever need to adjust them.

Ok

You da man.

Let me know if the "special machanical distributor" that your looking for works out for you.

I cant seem to find one myself.

really..what is your beef with me? go back and read all of your replies, you truly do come off as a dick, and i dont want your "help"

as far as the distributor i was asking about, look up the 009 dizzy from an aircooled VW.

i am well versed in auto mechanics. and being a Com/Nav guy isnt even remotely like being a mechanic.

this isnt the first car ive built, im not an idiot like you seem to be insinuating.

really..what is your beef with me? go back and read all of your replies, you truly do come off as a dick, and i dont want your "help"

I re-read all of Hainz's replies and found them helpful and full of good common sense info. Course I've been around him longer. laugh.gif Seriously. An aircraft 'mechanic' isnt a car 'mechanic'. Same as a brain surgeon isn't a heart surgeon. True there are common elements like tools but mostly it's specialization. You don't go to a heart surgeon for a brain tumor. Hainz may not be telling you what you want to hear but like a good brain surgeon his advice should be ignored only at you own peril.

I'm not up on the V dub ones. The Nissan ones do come breakerless (EI) but they do have vacuum and mechanical advance.

the stock VW one is vacuum advance, whereas the 009 is not, it is solely advanced centrifugally. what i used to do in my aircooled days was get the 009 and install the pertronix pointsless setup.

im fine running my stock dizzy for now, but i will be upgrading it simply because i dont feel like dicking with dual points

Not true, I don't run vacuum adv on this but then again, this has a bit more power than my Datsun lolz! (not trying to be a dick)

1129071303a.jpg

Of course I only get 8 miles to the gallon too! (god damn super and race gas mix)

Paul

All Datsun points or EI distributors have vacuum and centrifugal advance. They are totally necessary if driving below 3,000 RPMs. The car would never pass emissions without the vacuum advance and would drive like shit and give poor mileage as well. The mechanical and vacuum advance are for the most part reliable and are non adjustable... nor should you ever need to adjust them.

Not true, I don't run vacuum adv on this but then again, this has a bit more power than my Datsun lolz! (not trying to be a dick)

1129071303a.jpg

Of course I only get 8 miles to the gallon too! (god damn super and race gas mix)

Paul

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wub.gif