Project Grey_Matter

PCD...did you re-index the torsion arms? i notice they are tucked away quite nicely.

since you are on bags, why didnt you remove them completely?

tomorrow morning (this morning since its after midnite) i am taking the truck onto the freeway for another attempt at its driveability....i hope it goes well, im bringing my mountain bike just in case...lol

I did indeed reindex the torsions. I can lay frame now just by cranking them down :rolleyes:

The front is'nt bagged yet..

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

test run failed miserably....

as long as i dont get on the freeway or on any roads with a speed limit at 40 or above with few stop lights its good...any stretch of road going 40mph or higher it doesnt like it at all.

sputters, backfires, dies.

i really hate carburated motors:P

sputters, backfires, dies.

i really hate carburated motors:P

if its mechanically and electrically timmed OK ,it has to be the carb.

maybe condensor if still running points.

be nice if you have a spare carb and a distributor to swap in.

brand new points, condensor, cap, rotor, plugs, valves adjusted, point gap set, dwell set, timing is dead on

im tempted to go and buy a weber, but i dont really want to dump money into a motor that is getting swapped for something else

Borrow a weber from somebody

make sure the point dizzy dont have excessive shaft wear. or wiggle.My last dizzy with a Pertronix conversion would cut out at very high rpm. Or acted like a limiter. swap another in and ran like a brand new motor. ONly way I knew this was a old manin In a Chevy Luv wanted to race me and I bearely could beat him then I knew soemthing was wrong. But otherwise as a daily driver I didnt notice it.

Its up to you how you want your vehehcle. But this is really overall a minor issue unless soemthing I dont know about.

I see alot of people just dont want to spend 200$to buy a weber to fix there rig but will drop in a newer motor which is never a drop in and 6 months later the thing is still not running and 600-1500$ or more later.

Met a guy few months back, same thing been driving the same beat up weber and I cked everything. It has to be the carb. But he wont buy a another. But I hear is building a FI system. We will see. But 4 bolts and 15min later you could be rolling. But if last owner said carb was goo. then it has to be other issues.

i get where your coming from, but i dont care if its off the road for a year, its still getting a motor swap. eventually its going to be my daily driver, and this little L16b isnt going to get good anough gas mileage to justify it being my daily.

hell my jetta gets over 30mpg

• 3 weeks later...

:blink: i dont understand what going on with the truck, when i had it i drove it to Portland twice, and did have a single hangup. It was also my "going to the junk yard" truck. and that road has a 65 speed limit.

for about a week the truck was down, because when ever i would hit the gas the car would just bog out and die. took the carb apart and the float was busted. tossed a junked leaking weber on it and it ran great. only drove it like that for a month, maybe two befor i sold it.