Project Grey_Matter

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fixed all of the lights on the truck today, so all i need to pass inspection is a carb and tranny....i found a carb on CL in riverside, but it was kind of an old post, so hopefully he gets back to me.

im still gonna try to put it in my name without out it being driveable...the worst they can say is no...right?...lol

• Like 2

I hope you get this 620 on the road again soon, Good luck with the DMV.

i got a hookup on a rebuilt stock carb and a 4spd tranny...so i can feasibly have it road ready this weekend.

im gonna attempt the dmv in the morning....

once i have it registered i can ship skunk his lights and plates.

hopefully my roommate left an envelope on my nightstand since i already made the house payment and can send skunk his paypal as well

• Like 1

I have both the monkey motion trans and the later model long tail if you need it...

im new to Datsuns (sort of been away from them for 20 years) what is a monkey motion? and are either of them 5 speed?

i am picking up the 4 speed from the guy i got my carb from on saturday, but i'd much rather have a 5 speed

• Like 1

projectors are on their way for the truck...i cant wait, too bad our low beams are dual filiment, which means my low beams are gonna be brighter than my high beams, cause i am going HID with the projectors.

any pointers on removing the old tranny?

and i need torque specs for the installation of the new tranny/clutch (if its worn)

before i left for work today i went out to the garage and modded my low beam headlight buckets for the installation of the projectors when they get here (i used one of Skunk's lights as a template.) so when the lights get here all i'll have to do is trim the mounts off the lights. once the lights are in im gonna look for the smallest optima red top i can find and see if it will clear the projector housing

dont worry skunk i didnt do anything to your light :)

tranny is out, i inspected the clutch and it looks to be in awesome shape, i am going to replace the throwout bearing because when it was stuck in gear it seems to have gotten some damage, the fingers look goos and the pressure plate looks new.

i also installed my projectors:

e28533ce.jpg

3fdeab63.jpg

just got done installing a new battery and cleaning up the wiring a little. eventually im gonna be removing all the unused wiring....but thats a long way off.

i checked on the availability of a throw out bearing and according to autozone they cant even order one because their supplier is out of stock

just got done installing a new battery and cleaning up the wiring a little. eventually im gonna be removing all the unused wiring....but thats a long way off.

i checked on the availability of a throw out bearing and according to autozone they cant even order one because their supplier is out of stock

Try napa auto parts, they always get my datsun stuff within a day, maybe 2 tops...

Try E & M auto parts in El cajon on east main i believe, about 1 block up from El cajon Ford. Small shop but they carry alot of the old Datsun parts. Glad you are working on this 620 & it's outta the hands of "U know who" :rolleyes: Did you place a CL ad looking for interior parts ? I may have a few small bits you can have..as in free / trade for a beverage :cool:

Or O riely's [kragen] may have it.........

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SKF0/N1723.oap?year=1974&make=Nissan&model=620%2BPickup&vi=1210105&keyword=throwout+bearing&forcedVehicle=true&pt=01330&ppt=C0015

Try E & M auto parts in El cajon on east main i believe, about 1 block up from El cajon Ford. Small shop but they carry alot of the old Datsun parts. Glad you are working on this 620 & it's outta the hands of "U know who" :rolleyes: Did you place a CL ad looking for interior parts ? I may have a few small bits you can have..as in free / trade for a beverage :cool:

Or O riely's [kragen] may have it.........

http://www.oreillyau...01330&ppt=C0015

hahaha, i saw that ad on CL too...no its not me.

if you are in el cajon we should hit up Grinders