210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

checked all that the magnetic ring on the dizzy was cracked thinking in replacing the entire unit for a new one,,, it was running fine then think water got in somewhere checked distributor nothing no moister check carb nothin it tries to turn on i can hear it tryin but will not start so thinking replacing entire unit any ideas incase thats not it?

so mark off where rotor is pointing as in which cylinder number right... i dont have to find any angle or caliberate anything? i know that if you turn over motor while dizzi is not installed you have to mark off the timing and do alot more. so if im replacing entire thing it just drops in right? and i think theres only one bot holding it down.?

• Like 1

Correct,  the rotor will twist /rotate  when pulling it out.  So when putting it back in, you will have to accomodate for the twist.

Yes one boLt   :)

You will still need to "TIME" the engine.  do you have a timing light?

• Like 1

no , i read up on other blogs and forums and i think its basically a on off easy installation because i havent turned the engine without the dizzy , from what i gathered if the entire part will be installed no timing needed except for lining up the rotor , i just want to be sure its only one bolt ordering the part from rockauto... for the price i hope i found the problem and and traced it correctly, thanks fellas do you know of any datsun A14 dizzy installation videos ?