• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what year is that gold 210 man its sweet 

Most likely a '79. 

been trying to find those flares stateside for a while

I don't think you ever will. I bought a set from a shop in Japan, then sold them to vex (as you saw previously), and I'd bet money that's the only set in the US right now. 

They weren't super expensive if you want to go through the hassle of importing them?

oh thats right yeah i remember you sold them for like a few hundrd theres a few pics of a guy with a 210 in japan shows how he welded the flares out and those look soo clean i think he had a silver hatchback  shows step by step on the work really cool stuff. need to win lotto man

That wagon has a factory tach....want so bad!!! The Square light 4 door looks sweet!

I've been finding tachs a lot lately but only the square eye. Yours is a round eye 210 right? If I ever see one I'll grab it. I generally pull tachs anyway cause I know people that don't have them want them.

I've been finding tachs a lot lately but only the square eye. Yours is a round eye 210 right? If I ever see one I'll grab it. I generally pull tachs anyway cause I know people that don't have them want them.

Thanks Colourbox! The square eye is the only anyone can find and yes, mine is the round eye.

20140412_181558_zpse52bde02.jpg

No problem! There's been a rash of square eye 210s in the boneyards here lately. Haven't seen too many round eyes. I'll keep a look out tho. I'm always out there molesting them for parts :)

Keep an eye up for a black square-eyed dash in good/decent shape. 

Thnx. 

I always pull that stuff too. The dash, stereo cluster, steering column cover, glovebox and any other plastic bits and pieces that are in good condition I'll pull. Someone's always looking for that stuff too. I've only come across one dash pad that was clean and it was blue. Car must've been garaged cause it was pretty clean. I took the entire dash assembly and sold it all on ebay. No takers from here.

Are you only wanting it if it's black? You may want to consider any color and paint if necessary. My entire dash was blue. Painted it brown. Brown is hard to find :(

Oh and I took one of my original plastic pieces and had them color match the paint to it. They did a great job at matching. When I ran out of the paint I found another guy closer to where I live and he matched the paint really well too. Pretty impressed. I keep meaning to get more from him.

• Like 1

Painting those parts are not as hard as one thinks. You need the right paint/dye for the plastic, a good adhesion promoter and make sure the part is clean...as...f%^k! Most people use a soft to med scrub brush and something that will strip oils and dirt from the part. This of course is for DIY like me, did the trim in both my XB's and most people thought it came factory like that.

Oh trust me. I would've fucked that all to hell if I had done it. When I did the undertrim I got a little bit of bubbling but luckily it's where you can't see it. Getting around the corners wasn't too easy either. I got more painting practice when I made my quarter panel emblems. I messed up a few before I got the hang of it. I'm getting better. Just finished painting my grille recently. Painting vents ain't easy! I'm getting to be a pro at this paint stuff now :)

• Like 1

I hear, I mucked a few pieces myself til I got a feel for the paints I was using. All and all, not so much the paint but the prep, the more time and the better the prep is, the better the paint comes out.