210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok got some photos up. Made a sarcastic remark towards the sale of over priced rusters. And now some questions. What are some options in easily available inexpensive seats? Will a later model 210 5spd bolt right in? Do all datsuns have the same key or is coincidental that my friends 280 key works for my car and vise versa? Is the 1.4 in my car aka an a14? That's it for now i'll think of more later. :D

Nice looking the 1979 2-dr sedan is the best.

Must go good over logging roads, eh?

>What are some options in easily available inexpensive seats?

Tons of seats, take your pick. See Seat adapting for ideas.

> Will a later model 210 5spd bolt right in?

Any 210 5-speed will bolt right in place of a 4-speed.

> Do all datsuns have the same key or is coincidental that my friends 280 key works for my car and vise versa?

It is just a coincidence. They have a 6 position key, Nissan went to a longer eight position key later to reduce coincidence. My Mazda key works in my Mom's Ford, so it's pretty common.

> Is the 1.4 in my car aka an a14?

Yes.

Well thanks for info and link. I am now an idiot due to the fact that I have been ignoring my oil idiot lite. But first a little background... The old oil pressure switch began to leak oil from where the metal and plastic where squished together at the factory... At that time no light was on. I went to AutoZone and got one of their pieces of shit for seven bucks. For an hour or so all was well. The the light began to come on when the car was at idle and would go out when I reved the engine. Then the light would not come on until my car hit operating temp. Mind you the temp was never even getting remotely hot. So I decided to see if my old gauge had been faulty with a crude and perhaps completely flawed test. I plugged in old switch held the threaded part against the oil filter metal and asked my chick if the light came on. She said yes so I figured ha old switch works because it's registering zero pressure right now AutoZone p.o.s. must be broken. Furthermore the AutoZone pressure switch began leaking oil like an sob. I decided to J.B. weld the seam on the old switch and put it back in which I did last week. Well the light started coming on almost immediately. And I figured something must have happened to the electrical because of all the oil. Needless to say that was a big fucking mistake. Car over heated and started making bad dieing cat sounds out the engine last night....FUCK! :mellow: suppose I'll be doing the next ka swap thread. Only I'm gonna zip tie mine in that same way I held in that one side of the auto trans radiator :cool:IMAG0020-1.jpgIMAG0021.jpg

So... Been looking for a thread about putting the280zx front struts in my 210. Any help? I have some cash and a couple days off from work so I'd like to try and pull this off. I don't have struts yet or any of the other patrts i'm sure i'll need. That being said any Ratsuners in the Coastal Central Cali area with some struts you wanna get rid of? A list of stuff needed to complete the swap would be cool too.

Well I want my car moar loar. And perhaps I've been reading too many threads and am confused but I was under the impression that 280zx struts would let me get my car loar. I'd also like the big brakes because I plan on making car dangerously fast in the near future (6-9months). I want to do it right and not just chop springs. I am mechanically inclined and not at all afraid to take stuff apart and put back together. :) so... Any thoughts?

To fit the 280ZX struts (and lower it) we chop the springs ... cut them the right way.

Datsun 210 comes with big brakes from stock. The ZX brakes are even larger. Are you able to overpower the brakes now? Have you ever locked them up? It's doubtful, as they stop hard. You have to practically stand on the pedal to lock them up if the 210 brakes are working correctly. The engine HP has nothing to do with this, except if you add a lot of weight to the car.

I have not although I haven't really tried. I have however had my rotor turned passed specs and the right front now overheats. I need a new one. Btw that squeel coming from engine was pully bearing in its last death throws. Took the emissions stuff off and now is no longer a problem. Plus I picked up like 50 horses. Give or take 48 the aforementioned overheating happened when the new radiator burped itself. Added coolant! :P .

IMAG0039.jpg

And this $.99 copper cap and jb weld took care of this

IMAG0040.jpg

Ugly but effective :D

Tell me more about this correct cutting of springs and perhaps something about brakes and brake options if you have the time. :rolleyes:

I have not although I haven't really tried. I have however had my rotor turned passed specs and the right front now overheats. I need a new one. Btw that squeel coming from engine was pully bearing in its last death throws. Took the emissions stuff off and now is no longer a problem. Plus I picked up like 50 horses. Give or take 48 the aforementioned overheating happened when the new radiator burped itself. Added coolant! :P .

IMAG0039.jpg

And this $.99 copper cap and jb weld took care of this

IMAG0040.jpg

Ugly but effective :D

Tell me more about this correct cutting of springs and perhaps something about brakes and brake options if you have the time. :rolleyes:

theres all kinds of threads about the 280zx swap. You are going to need a grinder for sure but it's super easy.

• 3 weeks later...