Just bought her... 1973 Datsun 620

So i just got her. Clean, but alot of annoying little dings and dents. Original paint. This weekend she gets:

1) Cat and Muffler

2) Mag wheels (slot type)

3) KYB GR-2

4) New Driveshaft ( goddamn carrier bearing! )

5) Nismo Vintage Steering wheel

6) Love...

The other one is my ex... a 1980 Toyota SR-5 pickup. Soon to be SOLD...man she was good to me..

Comments are welcome!

datsunslotsrightside.jpg

datsunsideslots.jpg

DatsunNOSgrillebadge.jpg

toyvsdat.jpg

datfrontside.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure it' s gonna stay this colour for now. I need several interior pieces however. I am fortunate that the inside door panels are minty. But dash is shot, and gauge surround is cracked to hell.

Man there was so much crappy “chop work” done here and there…

Yo Radim, hit me up man if you got 620 also. I don't know anyone out here who has one. Everyone in the OC is so concerned with their new BMW's and f**kin Luis Vuitton bags!

Some of the younger guys are getting into classic Japanese cars since that whole gay AE86 movement, but like everything around here it's just a passing fad to them.

Yeah I know I don't need a cat, but my buddy at Magnaflow recommended it to keep the exhaust smelling cleaner and to reduce noise. Is this correct?

Pardon my rookie status please..

Depends on which cat you put on. Some require special fuels and or engine controls. All will produce a fair amount of heat from oxidizing (burning) wasted gas. These old trucks weren't as efficient as today's cars and it's going to get HOT. I wouldn't (for the price) just add a resonator or a good turbo non flow through, muffler.

• 2 weeks later...

sweet.

Yeah, got my new carrier bearing installed last night. Picking her up in the afternoon. My buddies 620 was stolen last week in norcal. It's a rare colour so, that SOB better hide it well.

anyone have a set of headers for sale?

Very nice truck my 620 brother. :thumbup: She is a sweety. As for the header, you wont gain anything other than appearance. The stock 73 mani is good to go.

Man, I keep hearing different stuff from different people. This is where I am right now:

1) Magnaflow Muff and Cat ( Purchased cheeeap! )

But, my own mechanic says I will definitely get some gains with headers. I trust him, but I'm still hearing different things from everyone.

confused:blink:

Very nice truck my 620 brother. :thumbup: She is a sweety. As for the header, you wont gain anything other than appearance. The stock 73 mani is good to go.

Just updated! Man you can really see all the dings in that profile shot--- (sobs) <_<

Dipshit before me attached those 1600 badges by DRILLING two new holes and putting em in with flat head screws! ARRRGHHHH!