KA24DE in my 620 KC PHOTOS!

Datsun Parts

OK so here are some updated photos of the KA24DE (95 240SX) engine thats about to go into my 76 620 King Cab. Thanks to Jason Pope for all the help. He did a great job with the custom engine and trans direct bolt in brackets, and also managed my wiring loom to a simple 5 wire connection. Now the trick it to see if it runs as good as it looks. It will still take me another month or so to finish up the install, wiring, exhaust fab, radiator fab and and few other upgrades I have planned.

I can not wait to have an air conditioned, fuel injected, 160HP automatic transmission 620. "I love the way old things look and the way new things work!"

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

datsun_logo_01B3.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am shared this story with some of you, but here is an update for everyone else. Truck was finished with the KA conversion last month. Took it for a 2 mile (35 mph) test drive and it was perfect. I advised the shop I was concerned about the the length of the custom driveshaft, as it looked too short. Well guess what, at 80 MPH on the dyno the next day it came out and ruined everything. The trans tunnel was beat to hell, the driveshaft was ruined, the tail-shaft cracked, the bell-housing broke, the vibration was so bad it broke the casting ear around the starter on the block.

So good news it the shop accepted full accountability and are paying to replace everything. So since I am starting over I am going to add a turbo. Notice the direct fire coil packs too. Should be done in a few months as I have to start all over, including a inner cooler.

IMG_0127-2.jpg

:(

Sad to hear this. I'm glad the shop is taking responsibility. Seems like not alot of places these days are willing to stand behind their work when facing a disaster of that magnitude.

Way to get back in the saddle. Looks nice.. any videos? Pics of the damage?