The New "Brick"

DatDoug

Bought this truck about 4 months ago & have been working on it here & there. Just finished painting it Colonial Red Satin with Ivory wheels and Datsun lettering.

Before

downsized_1228091439.jpg

1228091438b.jpg

After

0307001229.jpg

0307001229a.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all 4 your appreciation. This is what I had envisioned when getting another 620. I am so happy with this truck. I WONT be selling this one! lol The paint is Rustoleum Colonial Red Satin. Not flat but not real shiny. Just a nice smooth finish. The next thing I will be doing id the roll in bed liner.

I like everything you have done to the 620,the drop, the color, the wheels but wheres the rest of the picture, like interior, the motor and where in the heck is that HEAVY azz bumper at.... JK nice work, keep the pic's au coming.. :thumbup:

I like everything you have done to the 620,the drop, the color, the wheels but wheres the rest of the picture, like interior, the motor and where in the heck is that HEAVY azz bumper at.... JK nice work, keep the pic's au coming.. :thumbup:

Nothin special about the interior or the engine. But just 4 u I will post the pics.

downsized_0201001003-1.jpg

0310001522a.jpg

0310001522b.jpg

Thanks all 4 your appreciation. This is what I had envisioned when getting another 620. I am so happy with this truck. I WONT be selling this one! lol The paint is Rustoleum Colonial Red Satin. Not flat but not real shiny. Just a nice smooth finish. The next thing I will be doing id the roll in bed liner.

Thanks for letting us know what the red paint code is. Can you give us the color for the wheels?

I love the way your truck looks!

Thanks for letting us know what the red paint code is. Can you give us the color for the wheels?

I love the way your truck looks!

Thanks Bob. I am really pleased with the way it tuned out too. The wheels I painted Krylon Ivory. The taillite housings got painted silver metallic. I am not a red guy either but this red is sweet!

Nothin special about the interior or the engine. But just 4 u I will post the pics.

downsized_0201001003-1.jpg

0310001522a.jpg

0310001522b.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to put up pic's, I know you've got lots on ur plate like the 620's, trans for the gOOn, Canby not far off. anyways Thanks again. when I see people getting their stuff done it makes me want to get on the 74 620 and my 78 kc finished. to many projects and not enough time / HELP. Oh well, 1 day @ a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Got some more stuff done on my 620. Its my Daily Driver now that the gOOn is down getting a transplant. So, I finally decided to put my EI matchbox in since the truck was starting to miss. Runs like a top now. I also put in some horns that the PO of the gOOn had put behind the grille. I liked them for the 620 cuz they color matched :)

I also installed some rear Air Shocks. The ones that were on it were toast. Its nice having the air shocks. I can even haul lumber in it now! It rides a helluva lot better.

Last but not least, I put a suicide knob on the steering wheel. It is nice for slow moving turns with 1 hand. I always seem to have something in the other hand; coffee, cell, remote etc....

For some fucking reason I cant post pics in this post so, this all never happened!

Yeah man...sweet 620! Great choice for the satin red! It looks so great! I also love the creamy rims :D

The stance looks great...what is suspension combo for the back?

Heres my 521...Sorta looks like it might be your truck's brothah from another mothah!

Datsun27.jpg

Keep up the great work...it looks so good so far! :cool:

Hey, those look like 3 inch blocks in the back...yeah?

I just found out that those steering wheel knobs are actually illegal in most states! :o

I have one on my Simca and am GOING to put one on my 521 too...but I will wait to see if anyone freaks on me about it...

Your truck looks great man! :D