NCR CA18DET 510 build

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. yep definately got a vacuum port uncapped on my manifold, i did cap it before but i guess it fell off while driving lol gonna plug it up tomorrow. run it again down the street and adjust my bov while im at it. i will try to get that video on youtube or something, or just make another video lol the next thing is to deal with the DMV bullshit now.

goa any current under hood pics now that its running?

im curious where you located the intake

i got the filter coming straight off the AFM going right behind in inner headlight. i gotta drill new holes on the adapter plate, its kinda just thrown on there right now, i just wanted to drive it haha

cant figure out why its idling high??? there are no vacuum leaks, and when the rpms do drop it either dies or barely stays running between 300-500 rpm. im gonna try to look on some of the ca18 forums and figure it out, but any other ideas? its not a AFM because when i unplug that it starts to run rough like it supposed to without a AFM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

wow haven't updated this in a while haha, well not much is different except for the AFM is now down by the blinker. heres what i did for my wheel well that was missing..

how it looked before, everything was exposed and stuff was flying in the trunk.

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

i had a piece of scrap sheet metal sitting around, and i pondered so i grabbed it, took off my wheel and put it up there and it was the perfect width and length. the edges just needed to be trimmed with tin snips to match the flares, a put a couple pop rivets in, and bam! done in 10 minutes! cool.gif just needs to be painted.. or i can leave it that color?

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

question:

what should i do to make my dat more ratty?

i was thinking of putting a pinup girl on the rear quarter panel like the ratsun banner up top, and have my sister paint it on custom, what you think, i should have a few sketches in a couple days.

what else you think i should do?

question:

what should i do to make my dat more ratty?

i was thinking of putting a pinup girl on the rear quarter panel like the ratsun banner up top, and have my sister paint it on custom, what you think, i should have a few sketches in a couple days.

what else you think i should do?

I love your freakin car! And could totally see some coolness happening. Maybe go bigger with the pinup and run the figure down the side. This vargas Air Force girl is a prime example. Except substitute the air force symbol for a Datsun logo!

You'd need a damn good painter to pull it off but it would rule!!

10_vargas_airforce.jpg

datsunlogo.jpg

Lookin good! So now the big question..... where's the asswhooopin video's? I wanna see this car blow everyone away!

i only have that one video of the first drive, i need to make another video soon, just like a highway on ramp or something lol

I love your freakin car! And could totally see some coolness happening. Maybe go bigger with the pinup and run the figure down the side. This vargas Air Force girl is a prime example. Except substitute the air force symbol for a Datsun logo!

You'd need a damn good painter to pull it off but it would rule!!

that would be badass but I kinda wanted to keep it simple since my sister will have to paint it twice on both sides haha. I JUST GOT another idea!! i just remembered that my whole ceiling in my datto is like a blank white and would be a perfect canvas for something huge! what should i do on that? hmmmmmm biggrin.gif

your car already has the military flat color going. Any sort of fake panels and rivets would go well if you like that type of thing.

yea dude i really wanted to do that at first but i kinda want it to be a clean ratty look and the body is pretty straight so i dont wanna ruin it by drilling a buncha holes in it.. maybe on the rear end since that piece is junk smashed anyway lol