NCR CA18DET 510 build

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think VW mk1 deep duck bill looks better w/ no bumper. And flat black would look good with your paint. And for clean rattyness, I say paint one front fender black and white checker or jus gloss black checkers on the body color green or a rising sun flag.

Or if you really want a pinup maybe an absinthe type fairy?

I think VW mk1 deep duck bill looks better w/ no bumper. And flat black would look good with your paint. And for clean rattyness, I say paint one front fender black and white checker or jus gloss black checkers on the body color green or a rising sun flag.

Or if you really want a pinup maybe an absinthe type fairy?

oics of the mk1 bill?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think of this? the one on the front fender says "Danger" at the bottom and "Jet Intake" in the triangle... but i dont know if i like it that much.. same with the "Caution" by the exhaust.. and if i did go this route then of course these would be painted on.

ratty.jpg

The Green Beast gets MOAR LOWAR! &MOAR STIFF!!1

Got a box of goodies for freeeeee today!! a buncha coilovers and adjusters my cousin didnt want anymore..

IMG_0004.jpg

What was on there (some cheap lowering springs like 200lbs rate i think)

IMG_0020.jpg

First i tried out the Eibach springs but it actually raised the car up a little bit (collar all the way down)

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

Then I tried these 450lbs rate springs i forget what brand right now. anyone?

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0017-2.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

NOW thats more like it! i think the car with the big blue coils were sitting at 1-3/4" to 2" gap.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012-2.jpg

then for the rear i took a look at the springs and i have some Thick coiled Eibachs back there already, so i think i need a thicker sway bar.

• 1 month later...

since there is an autocross tomorrow, and i dont want to miss it because its raining, i took action and build a temporary enclosure for my airfilter.

IMG_0223.jpg

got the wipers on

IMG_0239.jpg

and the gas filler hole covered up with some scrap sheet metal biggrin.gif ratty..

IMG_0231.jpg

and someone threw out some racing slicks at my work, there's like 8/32's left on all four, the it looks like it would take a 13x8 or 13x9 rim to fit them, which would be badass on my datto cool.gif two are 8" wide and two are 9" wide

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

and this pic just cause..

IMG_0235.jpg

sick vidder love how you have flares but still have tire poke. makes it look really aggressive. does it rub when cornering?

no rubbing since i got stiffer springs and trimmed down the flare a bit.

So what's going one with your front right fender? Its the only panel with a sidemarker!

its the only one that 100% metal lol

• 1 month later...

you need to lower it about 2 inches. no wheel gaps look hell sick on dimes. my brothers (sixty-nine dime) is alot lower than that.

???

if he goes any lower he is going to ruin his body/tires. He already rubs. And yes he does drive this car.

so many unnecessary things for unnecessary things.

and my exhaust is already 2" from the ground. no more lower, i am going to get different wheels so that they wont stick out as much, but those will be my track wheels with slicks.

but in the order of things,

rebuild whole rear end,

clean up wiring,

roll cage,

new wheels,

etc.