NCR CA18DET 510 build

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just saying if you use 620 mounts you wont need as thick of spacer

ohh haha ok gotcha, but my mounts look fairly new, with no cracks or anything.

got some wiring labeled n stuff, just need to draw out both of my wiring diagrams that i have on paper and figure it out, ive read that thread about wiring it in and im using that diagram as a base line.

IMG_0814.jpg

And if anyone knows where these go, they are at the tail end of the harness not near the ecu, they might go to the engine bay harness but idk i couldnt match them up with the ones in the FSM.

IMG_0813.jpg

cant wait to be booostinnnnnn

IMG_0815.jpg

I got all the wiring figured out it just took some probing lol

IMG_0835.jpg

got the engine in with some 3/4" spacers (just washers before going to make solid stainless steel ones)

and to me it looks like a perfect fit. clears the steering box by like 1/2", gonna need to heat wrap the turbine for sure..

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Pretty sure it will clear the hood, its just the wiring harness on top, but nothing is higher than the intake manifold.

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Steering has plennnnnnty of room :D

and dont think all my attention is on my 510, i drive this bitch daily ;)

IMG_0823.jpg

dude when I first bought my 510 I was searching for pics of them so I could determine what color I wanted to go and wheels and such and i saw yours and i fell in love. I must confess I have been copying your car. lol at least the exterior. You have done a great job thumbup.gif

I do have a question. Why the different backspacing in the front and rear? Do your rear wheels stick out farther than the front?

dude when I first bought my 510 I was searching for pics of them so I could determine what color I wanted to go and wheels and such and i saw yours and i fell in love. I must confess I have been copying your car. lol at least the exterior. You have done a great job thumbup.gif

I do have a question. Why the different backspacing in the front and rear? Do your rear wheels stick out farther than the front?

haha thanks man, the different backspacing gives the rear a bigger lip on the rim.

its gonna be a bitch if you ever have to get at the brake ines behind the engine lol looking good man keep it up

well you just had to jinx me didnt you? <_<

today as i was cutting away at the tranny hump to make it bigger for the tranny, i forgot that the brake line ran down it with it and as im cutting i see a puff of smoke and i knew exactly what it was from the smell... damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn so i guess i gotta replace that whole brake line from the junction block to the rear? i dont think i want to try to repair it...

got the motor mounted today and bolted in in the front motor mounts, but the turbo manifold was in the way so i had to take it off, and im gonna have to go with a top mount turbo manifold, so yippie! but im just glad the motor is sitting in the car now.

great job man, i just got a 180sx half cut, with a ca18det. just wondering if you would mind answering some questions for me. no way to get ahold of you

sweet but you better take LOTS of picture of the motor in the half cut before dismantling, especially the vacuum lines!!! just post the questions up on this thread so everyone can see, cause i might have some questions for you too since u have a complete bay.

top mount has arrived, it looks pretty good. and over the weekend i grabbed some vacuum stuff i needed, and a throttle cable and pedal assembly from a 240sx for $10 at the picknpull, and its the perfect length i just need to make a bracket for the pedal to mount to. :cool:

IMG_0843.jpg

Got the throttle cable and pedal hooked up and working, and took care of the ca18's 10 coolant lines down to 1, since i am only going to be running a oil cooled turbo, and no heater. Also got some of the wiring done. next on the list, trans mount and finish some wiring and getting the dash done while i wait for the turbo and fuel stuff to arrive.. :D

Throttle Cable and Pedal.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

The Pedal sits a little low so i can heel-toe this bitch haha :P

and the basic wiring, next step is to connect the two harnesses together.

IMG_0851.jpg

Sweet progress!. Please no red and blue connectors everywhere.

A buddy and I rewired a Harley in 15 minutes using all red wire because that's all we had at the time. Was still working fine years later.

Nice build thread! Dave and Dave (ggzilla & pumpkin) got me thinking CA18 as a future swap.

hey, do you live in the santa teresa area an did you have a z with panasports?

edit: and why did you use a bus bar on the relays?

no and no haha

and because it splits 1 to 2 wire from the fuse block to the relay.and it just looks cleaner, and will be easier if i need to change wires around.