NCR CA18DET 510 build

You run the regulator on the return line that heads back to the tank, after the fuel rail.

I didnt read the whole post, but What turbo is that? (please dont say chinese Ebay turbo.....).

i know where it goes but my problem is that the the stock fpr is on the rail, and if i remove that i have no way of connecting the return line to the rail.

the turbo is a godspeed, so probably, but i dont even plan on running that much boost, so ill see if she blows. ha

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but how am i supposed to get the fuel from the rail to the aftermarket regulator, cause the fpr doesnt bolt on to the rail...

i also need to find a dropping resistor..

you can buy a fitting that attaches to where your stock fpr is at. once you have this fitting you can easily attach it to your aftermarket fpr using high pressure fuel injection hoses.

Still trying to find a dropping resistor for the injectors, waiting on my intercooler to be delivered, so i can get the radiator/intercooler fitment, then rad hoses, IC piping, the she will take her first breathes :cool:

but update, got the 3/8" lines bent and all the fuel lines hooked up and everything electrical is functioning, everything is sound and no blown fuses! :D

fuel pump w/switch under fuel gauge: working

ECU power: working

Ign relay switch: working

IMG_0847.jpg

drilled my indicator holes crooked <_<

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Built my downpipe today, i gotta say its not bad.

IMG_0879.jpg

Radiator is in, still gotta make mounts, but i havent figured out the thread pitch of the mounts yet, i cant find my threadpitch gauge....dry.gif

IMG_0878.jpg

downpipe has plenty of room all around, and brakelines protected.

IMG_0873.jpg

and i got my screamer pipe on too biggrin.gif

IMG_0871.jpg

more to come soon!

wow your 510 is really coming along. hope to see you rolling around soon in the bay area!

If you dont see me, you'll sure as hell hear me haha

today im gonna try and get my intercooler piping all fitted in and make the radiator mounts, then once i get the intercooler piping done and stuff, and have the motor all done then its just getting the driveshaft made and finish hooking up the rest of my gauges and she should be done!

For some reason I never thought about a CA swap, my plan has pretty much been VG. Now I'm playing with the idea of KA and out of now where I thought of CA. Once I get home I'm going to read back through this whole thread.

I don't know if I should thank you or curse you. Either way nothings going to happen for a while.

Any ways, project is looking awesome. Thanks, you SOB. ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ill make a video when i get my driveshaft made next week.

hood is on and i got the valance fitted, it needs some touch up and a little grinding smooth and paint and it still needs to be bolted to the fenders to close that gap up on the sides.

the grille sticks out about 2 inches away from the headlights lol

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

this.... is so.... RAD! fuck sliced bread this killlllls! i am thinking about doing a swap for my b210 and was thinking about going the lz22 route but for twice the parts and half the price i could make similar numbers from a ca18 this only convinced me more to go that route! mice ride!

Great to hear it's running. I remember the first time I hit boost in car. It gets the heart racing for sure. Instant addiction.

Do you have any pics of the fuel lines? I still need to bend all of mine up and need some ideas. Also, what tools did you use to bend and flare your lines? I can't use this POS double flare tool. I don't want to buy a hydraulic unit just for this car, but I don't know what else to use.

Great to hear it's running. I remember the first time I hit boost in car. It gets the heart racing for sure. Instant addiction.

Do you have any pics of the fuel lines? I still need to bend all of mine up and need some ideas. Also, what tools did you use to bend and flare your lines? I can't use this POS double flare tool. I don't want to buy a hydraulic unit just for this car, but I don't know what else to use.

i cant find any pictures at the moment, but i just used one of the 3/8" hand benders and i didnt need to flare them at the end it wasnt required, but i used this race lube/sealant thats made for like to fitting/hard line connections and it wont breakdown with fuels. my lines arent pretty but they are functional and out of way and tucked up tight against the underbody.

Things i still need to be done are, the rest of the exhaust, bov adjusted, heat wrap, turbo blanket, brake and light test, then i can get my plates. lol

figuring out why it is idling so high? -- anyone got any ideas?