NCR CA18DET 510 build

How well did those welds penetrate on your tranny crossmember? Personally I would of got something other than flat stock to hold my tranny. I know its 1/4" thick, but you would be supprized at what kinda torque can be placed on that trans mount.

yes they did but the slag just drooped down because i was welding upside down, i dont think it would bend or break i am not going to be running a ton of hp. i should be fine lol

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm yea now i get what your saying, ill see how this does at first and if it moves around too much then ill think about reinforcing it somehow..

if it seems sloppy. What you could do is weld a flat bar verticle to give it some ridgity. Pretty much make your own L type channel. That would help it not flex anymore

if it seems sloppy. What you could do is weld a flat bar verticle to give it some ridgity. Pretty much make your own L type channel. That would help it not flex anymore

i like that idea but i would take it a step further and tie the new vertical part into the "feet" of the cross member this will make it alot stronger especially if its all made out of 1/4 inch plate damn thing will be stronger then the car your bolting it ot

yea that would increase the strength by a lot, ill keep that in mind and see whats up when i get this sucker running. but its gonna be a couple months before shes done, because i dont know if u guys know but i am only 19 years old, and i dont make a lot of money.. so stay tuned! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

5. Fuel cell

12. Driveshaft Shortened and balanced

PM me for details if you still need a fuel cell, 15G IIRC.

dunno dimensions, but there is a shortened wagon DS in SF (listed here - im considering a trade it for my stock wagon DS) but may work for you

• 2 weeks later...

why not run more gauges? you have all that space i know i would want every gauge possible

i am dont you worry! next to it in the middle is gonna be 4 more gauges: Boost/Vac, Oil Press, Voltmeter and clock?? apparently they dont make A/F ratio gauges in 2-5/8" :confused:

your shit is looking pimp. i diggin the little fat wheels. i was originally going run a set like that but i did the 280zx front brake swap and now cant clear 13's.

when you get around to doing your harness and attaching it to your 510 fuse box, the orange wire is what tells the ecu it's time to turn on the engine, if you don't connect this wire you will have a hard time trying to get it started. have you had a chance to review ratsun forum member Icehouse's diaghram? it's in the how to section. i followed that diaghram to the last detail and my shit ran on the first try.

for the FPR... i have an aftermarket one, but it is an inline one, so should i mount it after the stock FPR?? or what?

some goodies...

Wiring mounted, ECU is mounted inside the glove box.

IMG_0829.jpg

AFCO Radiator

IMG_0828-1.jpg

SS hardlines, Fittings, walbro pump, fuel filter, regulator, fuel hose

IMG_0827-1.jpg

fuel cell

IMG_0826.jpg

:cool:

dude, i have not been able to wrench on my shit. i will definitely get to it this 3 day weekend. what lines do you need me to point out first?

if you are installing an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure reg, get rid of your old one. you don't need to run it.

but how am i supposed to get the fuel from the rail to the aftermarket regulator, cause the fpr doesnt bolt on to the rail...

i also need to find a dropping resistor..

You run the regulator on the return line that heads back to the tank, after the fuel rail.

I didnt read the whole post, but What turbo is that? (please dont say chinese Ebay turbo.....).