#4 RWD

#5 can get kick ass wheels for it

Cons of datsun

#1 tryin' to find body parts would be a pain

#2 Lack of horsepower

#3 I don't know much of the A series motor

Pros of civic

#1 I have a Donor car(parts car)

#2 I have 92 horsepower and 35mpg (around town)+I can swap to a V-Tec head and have 130hp

#3 I have a 5speed

#4 I have 4doors

#5 Parts are Easy to find

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The A series motor is great dead nuts reliable, the b210 5 speed is a good swap, last 1200 I owned got 42 MPG WITH the 4 speed, and I think the later a series b210 motor was almost 1600 cc's If you can find the motor tranny its a good swap.

However I would not sell the DD civic, just buy the DATTO. youve got some OBVIOUS rust issues with this car, and 1200 body parts are hard to come by, might be a L O N G project to fix. great cars though, I might buy it if I didnt have too many cars already!!

Guest kamakazi620

lol Im not talking shit, and Iv owned 2 accords for the record :fu:

I didn't mean you Skib,I was respondin' to the other guy and you i don't know how to quote two posts at once :fu: :baby: :geek: :sick: :hug: :sick: :hug: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hondea Cons:

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

Front Wheel Drive!

I was looking at that car too, but once I saw all the rust and the make-shift door lock and such, made me wonder what other jerry-rigged surprises the buyer is in for. I'd take that car if I won it in a poker game... or if I REALLY had a clear picture of what I wanted to do with it(along with the resources to do so). After reason set in, I decided to pass on it.

Don't sell your DD to get this thing.. I have a gut feeling you'd regret it sorely. :mellow:

.. but that's just my opinion.

id keep the honduh!!!!

cuz once you get rid of it your going to need to go some where far and want the comfy quite and a/c.....

i got rid of all of my dailys and just went str8 datsun... although i love them i still miss my dailys for those quick LA trips or around town!!!!

Offer him $500 and leave your number. If it sells, which I doubt, you've lost nothing. If you get it, it was meant to be and you got it cheap enough so you can't bitch. If it's a dd who gives a shit about 5 speed and rust. If you start down the road fixing and adding improvements it becomes a project car not a dd.

I Just dont know! The Way Toyota is expanding Recalls these days, I heard next on the List is the 1992 Honda Civic for randomly hitting on your Chick!

I MEAN First I run down an old lady at a crosswalk...AND NOW!... I come home to my 92 Civic in Bed with MY Old Lady!

hhonda.jpg

Datsun to me means one thing:

Bros B4 Hoes! It won't let you down!

Radio

I would keep the honda. it is reliable and already paid for. would not cost that much more to keep it. get the datsun if you can for a good price and slowly work on it if you can. I see so many people get older cars and get slammed with all the repairs or items that need changing since the car is so old and parts are so worn. once you get the datsun nice and running good then consider selling the honda. believe me I have been down this road. I went from a kid at 16 having a 240z and not knowing a lot and learned a lot then sold the car cause I did not know some in depth repairs and car was not reliable. went honda route and loved it as it was reliable and learned a ton of stuff about engine building,racing,engine swapping and automotive repair and now what I know I own a 510 and love it but still own a honda that my wife drives daily to work and it is very reliable still.

good luck

Offer him $500 and leave your number. If it sells, which I doubt, you've lost nothing. If you get it, it was meant to be and you got it cheap enough so you can't bitch. If it's a dd who gives a shit about 5 speed and rust. If you start down the road fixing and adding improvements it becomes a project car not a dd.

This guys knows what's up. Both cars I have ever owned were this way, specially the 1200 I have know. A lot of that stuff is what many of us call "character". If your gut is telling you to buy the Datsun and you really love it you won't care the condition it is in or that is doesn't have AC or coushy seats. Love always comes with a price, the question is are you willing to pay it?

so that is yes, get the Datsun plus if you sold the Honda you would have enough money left over to trick out the 1200 and Btw don't pay 700 dollars that is insaine.

maybe this will inspire you

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13749-72-1200-coupe/

fwd is a good thing on a dd esp if you live where there is inclement weather.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to disagree with the delegate from NJ on this point. I don't care what anyone says, if the car is set up/weighted properly, it's way easier to drive a RWD car in the winter vs. a FWD. Yes, I'm aware that is contrary to the standard position, but dammit every front wheel drive car I've ever driven sucks in the snow. I've raced them in autocross, hell, rallied my 81 Accord on the back roads, I still prefer rear drive. No sliding the nose of the car off the edge of the corner with throttle application! At least, not if you're doing it right.

And I can back it up. My 510 with the crap L16 two years ago was faster than all the front drives at rallycross except one, and was also faster than many of the four wheel drives, but that was because they sucked at driving!

But back to the should you sell your Honda. I'm not that big a fan of Hondas but they are bullet-proof reliable and economical transportation. A 1200 is hell cool, but way more time and money than you're going to want to spend at this point in time, if I'm thinking correctly. And unlike the 510, they're even harder to find parts for. Stick with the Honda or save up and buy the 1200 as a side project.