Your Opinions please!!!

Guest kamakazi620

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Are parts hard to come by, like engine, tranny, body, etc.

No surprisingly,It's a 91,and the parts car i just picked up is a 90,everytime i go to the junkyard theres at least 5-6 of them there.

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF WASTED THREAD BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE DUMP THAT STUPID LITTLE HONDA.LMAO YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION ON THAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:DUMBASS :huh: :o :P :D :) :cool:

• Like 2
Guest kamakazi620

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF WASTED THREAD BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE DUMP THAT STUPID LITTLE HONDA.LMAO YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION ON THAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:DUMBASS :huh: :o :P :D :) :cool:

Thanks for callin' me a Dumbass!!!!!!! replies like this are why I'll keep my honda and be comfortable driving long distances with Awesome MPG,If I'm a Dumbass that makes you a Dumbfuck!!!

I have no idea what your Civic looks like, or what condition it's in, so that could be the clincher. I've had an 88 and a 92, loved them both. Great cars if they are left reasonably stock. But when they are modified, they go in one of two directions, complete garbage, or really sweet. 90% of the modded ones fall into the garbage category. So let's just assume yours is average.

That 210 is a pile. Assuming the owner fixed other things like they "fixed" the door lock with a padlock thing, there's probably a lot of other things very wrong with that car. Parts for the 210 are going to be absurdly harder to find than for your Civic. Now, if your Civic is a riced out pile of horrible bad taste, the 210 starts to look much better.

But still, I'd follow the advice of the other guys, keep the Civic, and buy the 210 as a fixer upper.......because it'll probably need a crap-ton of work.

• Like 1
Guest kamakazi620

I have no idea what your Civic looks like, or what condition it's in, so that could be the clincher. I've had an 88 and a 92, loved them both. Great cars if they are left reasonably stock. But when they are modified, they go in one of two directions, complete garbage, or really sweet. 90% of the modded ones fall into the garbage category. So let's just assume yours is average.

That 210 is a pile. Assuming the owner fixed other things like they "fixed" the door lock with a padlock thing, there's probably a lot of other things very wrong with that car. Parts for the 210 are going to be absurdly harder to find than for your Civic. Now, if your Civic is a riced out pile of horrible bad taste, the 210 starts to look much better.

But still, I'd follow the advice of the other guys, keep the Civic, and buy the 210 as a fixer upper.......because it'll probably need a crap-ton of work.

Thanks man,my car ain't riced out it's 90% stock,and i just got a donor body (mine was t-bone)I was thinkin' of sellin the civics and gettin' the 1200,but i allready have a 620 that needs work,so.....I don't think i need another project.

I am going to agree with HRH on this one. Rear wheel drive is superior to front wheel drive in almost any driving situation.

This is why.

1. accelerating, dry road, straight line. FWD may appear to have an advantage, because of the engine weight on the tires that make the car go, but as soon as power is applied, weight transfers to the back of the car, due to inertia, and unweights the front tires. Why do you think dragsters are rear wheel drive?

2. Braking, dry road, straight line. The weight transfers forward, and the overweighted front end of the car gets more weight on it.

3. Cornering, dry road. You are asking the tires that are making you turn to also supply the extra power to make the car corner. It can be argued that the turned power wheels help pull you around the corner, and that is a valid point, until the limits of traction are reached, and then the front end of the car slides. A rear wheel drive car can be under steered or over steered by applying the throttle.

Driving in hills only makes the weight transfer problems worse. Driving in less than ideal traction conditions makes the problem worse.

Front wheel drive cars are popular because they are cheaper to make, are lighter, and engineers do not have to deal with a driveline tunnel.

Guest kamakazi620

I am going to agree with HRH on this one. Rear wheel drive is superior to front wheel drive in almost any driving situation.

This is why.

1. accelerating, dry road, straight line. FWD may appear to have an advantage, because of the engine weight on the tires that make the car go, but as soon as power is applied, weight transfers to the back of the car, due to inertia, and unweights the front tires. Why do you think dragsters are rear wheel drive?

2. Braking, dry road, straight line. The weight transfers forward, and the overweighted front end of the car gets more weight on it.

3. Cornering, dry road. You are asking the tires that are making you turn to also supply the extra power to make the car corner. It can be argued that the turned power wheels help pull you around the corner, and that is a valid point, until the limits of traction are reached, and then the front end of the car slides. A rear wheel drive car can be under steered or over steered by applying the throttle.

Driving in hills only makes the weight transfer problems worse. Driving in less than ideal traction conditions makes the problem worse.

Front wheel drive cars are popular because they are cheaper to make, are lighter, and engineers do not have to deal with a driveline tunnel.

Yeah it might be EASIER to drive BUT you can drive a FWD and be competitive,but this is NOT what i'm lookin' to do,It is just a DAILY DRIVER i'm not lookin to win trophys here just back and forth to work an such