Forum decorum

HRH

So yeah, as much as I and many others on here hate change...I'm tired of the current banner. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, AND Fisch's artwork! However, I think we need a few more designs maybe in a rotating fashion. And not that I'm lobbying for the Z folk, but it does seem a little one-sided to only have a 510 up there. (I'm sure that's more an issue of Fisch not having mass amounts of time to produce free artwork, but you all see what I'm getting at.)

That said, what do you guys think? A little variety? Maybe a 1200 or a Z car of the same theme, or different? Talk amongst yourselves, tell me to get bent if you don't like the idea.... :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was totally expecting a post about being respectful of one another, or some other finger wagging activity.

The decor is great. Being a Z owner, I don't feel left out. I see my car every day... Some days it's beautiful. Other days I want to fuckin strangle the bitch. Like today.

Always wants attention.. buy me this, buy me that. I need new plugs, wah wah wah, my intake manifold is leakining again, and my carb needs a rebuild, nag nag nag. My stereo sounds like shit, when are you going to fix my antenna? I'm tired of this damn cd...

:rolleyes:

Joe

He is a counter guy at a parts store, He is an expert on everything :rolleyes: . We should do everything in our power to make him feel accepted and loved. Just kidding. There are people on these interwebs that should spend more time working on cars and less time pushing buttons on a keyboard. I don't come to ratsun to look at the header or format, I come for the content. It header could change daily or never. As long as I can come to the site find what info I need and get back to work, I am happy. I am sick of whining. No whining. Some people just need to get a life. I think I am one of those people, thank you. :P

Other days I want to fuckin strangle the bitch. Like today.

Always wants attention.. buy me this, buy me that. I need new plugs, wah wah wah, my intake manifold is leakining again, and my carb needs a rebuild, nag nag nag. My stereo sounds like shit, when are you going to fix my antenna? I'm tired of this damn cd...

:rolleyes:

Joe

Advantages of loving a Datsun:

She doesn't get pissy it you don't kiss her goodnight.

She doesn't want a divorce if she sees you driving another car.

Doesn't require cuddling after you give her a long hard drive.

Feb 14th is just another day to her.

The Realm has rotating header pictures which are ok and I like the idea. I think Fischs' theme artwork would be great. We aren't just about 510s.

He is a counter guy at a parts store, He is an expert on everything :rolleyes: . We should do everything in our power to make him feel accepted and loved. Just kidding. There are people on these interwebs that should spend more time working on cars and less time pushing buttons on a keyboard. I don't come to ratsun to look at the header or format, I come for the content. It header could change daily or never. As long as I can come to the site find what info I need and get back to work, I am happy. I am sick of whining. No whining. Some people just need to get a life. I think I am one of those people, thank you. :P

Yea what he said.

Yea what he said.

Hey, this is your site too. Do you want to drive around in your Datsun with exposed welds, primer and filler? Nothing wrong with a nice grill, rims and tasteful interior. Matt only want's some paint on the clubhouse walls. I see you both have 510s. :rolleyes:

There are several forums I visit concerning tha various things I am interested in. Forums for Datsuns, for Ford trucks, for old Jeeps, Hotrodders.com, one for Correct Craft ski boats, Hydrodyne ski boats, one for water ski showskiers.

The art work on the header is by far the best I have seen in any of the forums I visit. The artwork conveys without saying a word what Ratsun is about.

An actual photograph of a car, would need to be changed. This artwork, not so much. That art of a 510, although being a little out there, conveys a meaning that is different to each person who sees it. We do not know what engine is in it. Could it be a stock L-16 still running the stock carb? Could it be a frankenmotor with a turbo, and running nitrous? Your imagination could run wild every time you look at it.

Would I like to see an interpretation of a 521? Sure! Am I put off because there is not? Not at all.

I think rotating is a good idea and pretty sure it's not that hard to do (once made). Gives fischs work more exposure, keeps the forum feeling fresh and no one feels left out. I personally don't feel left out but would be the last to complain if we started seeing his other work rotate up there.

I'd love to have them rotate! But I understand Thomas needing a vacation from from all the work he's done thus far. We've talked about manually swapping them out once in a while. I think that'd be swell too.

We all just get a little busy! Heck, how long did it take us to just do this version? We've been talking about it for over a year I think! But I wouldn't worry about this being up there forever dudes! We'll get 'er swapped out eventually!

Finally! Someone gets it! :D And in case you wanted to know the secret of life, I know that too. You have to pm for that one though. Hehe. And to be fair, I do spend just about all of my free time wrenching, both on Datsuns and non-Datsuns. In fact, I have my regular Altima customer tomorrow and her roommate's Subaru to fix. Damn p1400 aux. emissions control light keeps screwing with me.

Anyway, I was just mainly suggesting a little variety is the spice of life. Not critical, just something nice for those of us with ADHD. I change the background on my personal website from time to time too, just to liven it up.

Oh, and it is pretty easy to think you're god at a quality parts store. Like the guy yesterday who needed a spark plug and coil boot for his car. He volunteered, it spit one out. So I asked, have you already heli-coiled the head? No, I was just going to put it back in. So I said okay, and left it at that.

Then there's my favorite: "They're all the same." Okay. Happens all the time, and you bring out the part and the customer says, that's not it, and I say, well, if they're all the same... :D People suck, and most of them are morons. (Not sounded jaded am I?)

damn HRH your on a roll did some one piss in your food??? you need to chill out with all your whining and bitching it is about all you have done since the change .

Accept it or move the fuck on :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What?!! I haven't done any bitching! :D To be fair, most of it was in the first thread when the new forum started.

That's it! Please don't change the site header unless it meets this goal!

I imagine everything will look just the way it is except the floating car would switch out. We gotta keep the gritty goodness!

There are several forums I visit concerning tha various things I am interested in. Forums for Datsuns, for Ford trucks, for old Jeeps, Hotrodders.com, one for Correct Craft ski boats, Hydrodyne ski boats, one for water ski showskiers.

The art work on the header is by far the best I have seen in any of the forums I visit. The artwork conveys without saying a word what Ratsun is about.

An actual photograph of a car, would need to be changed. This artwork, not so much. That art of a 510, although being a little out there, conveys a meaning that is different to each person who sees it. We do not know what engine is in it. Could it be a stock L-16 still running the stock carb? Could it be a frankenmotor with a turbo, and running nitrous? Your imagination could run wild every time you look at it.

Would I like to see an interpretation of a 521? Sure! Am I put off because there is not? Not at all.

man thats some deep meaningful shit :)