Cookies!!!!

So I got bored and for some stupid reason I either A. go on ebay or B. Bake! and i decided to do the later. which brings me to this topic. Do any of you guys cook/bake delicious treats? Wanna share the recipe?!? Sounds super ... lame, I am totally aware, but love trying new things. Oh... pics... here ya go.

cookies4.jpg

cookies3.jpg

cookies2.jpg

cookies.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god, no way. thats the perfect cookie! you have no idea what you're talking about chris. 10-11 minutes in the oven, and then its dunking in the ice cold milk time...MMMMMmmmMMMmMm...

i dont like my cookies crusty so yes..... yours are overcooked!

You need to cook them on a silpat too.. that baking pan is old tech

Oh boy Kait those cookies look so good! Darn it, now I need some cookies! Hope your toe is healing well. I'm fortunate that my wife is a good cook, cause my cooking is of the bachelor style, like Shake & Bake chicken and Tater Tots.

Dan

I haven't baked cookies in well over a decade. I like mine soft, not crunchy.

I don't bake cookies because then I'd eat them. I'm already fat enough. Heck, I'm going to have to pitch a couple pounds of Christmas cookies my relatives gave me (3 of them gave cookie baskets this season) because I can't get through them fast enough to not go bad- even being a lardbutt. They haven't gotten moldy yet though... I should just put 'em in the freezer.

I learned years ago that if I planned on being a lifelong bachelor and did NOT what to eat Takeout, Top Ramen, or TV dinners all the time I needed to learn how to do some fundamental cooking. That included baking.

This thread Rocks!

After reading it, I had to go and bake some chocolate chip cookies. Not homemade :( but Nestle Toll House scoop and bake cookies.

nom, nom, nom!

Reminded me of the old days where I would bake them after 420. :cool:

My daughter and I just scarfed them down with some cold milk.

This thread Rocks!

After reading it, I had to go and bake some chocolate chip cookies. Not homemade :( but Nestle Toll House scoop and bake cookies.

nom, nom, nom!

Reminded me of the old days where I would bake them after 420. :cool:

My daughter and I just scarfed them down with some cold milk.

Dadgumit that does sound good, I have milk but no dang cookies grrrrr got to get cookies

I learned years ago that if I planned on being a lifelong bachelor and did NOT what to eat Takeout, Top Ramen, or TV dinners all the time I needed to learn how to do some fundamental cooking. That included baking.

I'm down with cooking, but I usually just eat out. Also, cleaning the kitchen usually dissuades me from making overly complicated dishes. Lately I've been thinking it'd be nice to have a food mixer though, so I could bake my own bread. I've decided packaged bread usually isn't all that good, and homemade bread would be cheaper, tastier and probably better in the body. Alas, I may be too short on time and money for such things.

See i'm all about the cooking/baking. My father has taught me literally everything I know as far as cooking and BBQing. I'll have to show you this massive smoker we have. its fan-frickin-tastic. My mother, while she ruin a pot of boiling water, can bake like nobodies business. So I got the best of both worlds in my mind! WagDatto can attest to my skills. Either way, Im all about the old style of baking, metal pans and what not. don't get me wrong, the next soft plastically whatever sheets are nice but.... i dunno. there's something about pulling out that hot metal pan and it just adds to the effect in my mind.

and Yep! my toe is feeling better thanks you guys! its fading purple now and the cut is healing. im able to walk without worrying about bending my toe. Im just cautious of my student when we played basketball and stuff. I didnt want them to step on my toes!! :D

See i'm all about the cooking/baking. My father has taught me literally everything I know as far as cooking and BBQing. I'll have to show you this massive smoker we have. its fan-frickin-tastic. My mother, while she ruin a pot of boiling water, can bake like nobodies business. So I got the best of both worlds in my mind! WagDatto can attest to my skills. Either way, Im all about the old style of baking, metal pans and what not. don't get me wrong, the next soft plastically whatever sheets are nice but.... i dunno. there's something about pulling out that hot metal pan and it just adds to the effect in my mind.

and Yep! my toe is feeling better thanks you guys! its fading purple now and the cut is healing. im able to walk without worrying about bending my toe. Im just cautious of my student when we played basketball and stuff. I didnt want them to step on my toes!! :D

your cookies look good to me. i'd eat one or three of them... :cool:

I was at the store the other night and this obviously single mother was unloading her pile of crap. 4 Hungry Man tv dinners. And then she spoke to me. "This is how I cook dinner!" I replied, "Not sure if that's such a good thing." And oh my god, if you're looking for a baby daddy, you might at least want to learn how to cook. :rolleyes:

Looking good there Kait...I can almost smell them from here!

I'm definately no baker but my wife on the other hand is a baking machine. I bought her a artisan kitchenaid mixer and oh man it's been on ever since. I typically take either cookies or banana break or lemon cake from scratch and our neighbors and coworkers are the lucky recipients of them almost weekly.

My favorite thing about them is that they're a little cruncy on the outside but soft in the middle...oh and with a cold glass of milk...yumm-o!

Here's a few batches she made a few weeks ago.

Molassas cookies

_batch_1_molassas.jpg

Almond flavored cookies

_batch_2_almond_tea.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies

_batch_3_chocolate_chip.jpg

Peanut butter cookies

_batch_4_peanut_butter.jpg

Sugar cookies

_batch_5_sugar.jpg

Any my attempt of making them with and without walnuts (notice the man size of them)

myattempt.jpg