im screwed

I know, ive been smoking for 5 years, atleast im not a pot head like my mom,i perfer not living with her because of that, it makes her go crazy

An even better reason to quit...Im 35 and have tried to stop several times.The older you get the harder it is to quit....I can total the amount of money I spent on smoking and I could have put it in another Datsun and built the shit out of it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you're 17 and you've been smoking for 5 yrs? I would kick you out to. My original post was to get your shit together ans apologize. I stand by that. If your mom is smoking pot then than may be a problem if it is excessive but if it is minor typically not that big of deal. There are people who drink and do hardcore stuff that is way way worse. She is providing you with a roof and food and maybe just bide your time. When you are 18 do whatever you want but for now suck it up and live by her rules. You may think you know it all but you don't. And I am sure there are a few other things you have done in which she has forgiven you for. Kids that are smoking at age 12 are probably doing a little more to screw up instead of focusing on school, sports or something constructive.

Drop the Datsun, finish High School at the least and for god sakes quit killing yourself with cigarettes!!!

Ok you're 17 and you've been smoking for 5 yrs? I would kick you out to. My original post was to get your shit together ans apologize. I stand by that. If your mom is smoking pot then than may be a problem if it is excessive but if it is minor typically not that big of deal. There are people who drink and do hardcore stuff that is way way worse. She is providing you with a roof and food and maybe just bide your time. When you are 18 do whatever you want but for now suck it up and live by her rules. You may think you know it all but you don't. And I am sure there are a few other things you have done in which she has forgiven you for. Kids that are smoking at age 12 are probably doing a little more to screw up instead of focusing on school, sports or something constructive.

Drop the Datsun, finish High School at the least and for god sakes quit killing yourself with cigarettes!!!

my mom smokes pot everyday. i do good in school and i use to race motocross instead of doing any other gay ass sport. i guarantee if you bet my mom you would agree im better off this way, she wont even let my dad adopt me....

what odds is she giving?

is she hot? got any pix?

ummm, hes your (biological?) dad?

why would he need to 'adopt' you?

id bet he doesnt want you to smoke either.

i ment met. no she uses guys to buy her whatever she wants. my step and biological fathers. my mom has fully custody over me and i cant get emancipated unless i pull 2500 bucks out of my ass

Buddy,

I will give you my 2 cents worth I started smoking when I was 18 started the party thing. I just recently quit hoping for good it has been 3 weeks now I am saving that $100 a month I was spending for our 25yr anniversary we are going to go to Greece on that money in 5 years.

I had the good life I had two parents but my dad got tired of my shit too he kicked me out at 19 they owned a family business that I worked for them and lived at home. I had just signed up in the U.S. Navy and had 9 months to go before I shipped out well when I was kicked out found out real quick who my true friends where then when I had no place to stay. I had to go back to the Navy recruiter and beg to go in earlier than the 9 months it worked I changed jobs and was leaving 4 months earlier. I ate crow and begged my father to forgive me and he let me back in their house.

One of my father’s proudest moments was seeing his youngest son graduate from the same Navy boot camp in San Diego that he went to in 1941 I graduated in 1988.

Well I can tell you this if you have a clean record and good school grades and HS diploma join one of the services. I think this would be your best time you are young you would make allot more money at your age get a trade and the military will pay for your higher education.

I can definitely look back now at the ripe old age of 41yrs and have no regrets this July will be my 22 year mark in the Navy and my salary for that many years of service is well over 70K a year with all my allowances and special pays. I will be doing 24 years total and should retire with an income of at least $2,400 for the rest of my life and full medical and dental for my family. There is no job you can work for anywhere for 20 yrs be 38 if you join at 18 and get a pension for the rest of your life.

Even an E-1 in any military makes $1447 a month just starting out that equates to $9 an hour plus your meals are paid for and they give you shelter Just a thought?

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables/2010MilitaryPayTable34.pdf

If you want any advice or help I will do what I can for you?

Matt

It's sad to see from the very first reply how everyone assumes that it's the OP's fault his mom kicked him out. She sounds like a nasty parent and this likely has little to do with the OP being a bad person. I'm very sorry to hear that you started smoking at 12, I'm sure it has something to do with your family. If she is as terrible as you've made it sound, you need to get her out of your life. The suggestions to make it right and get back in her home and to just put up with more abuse is terrible advice. Only if you need shelter temporarily until you can make it on your own would I suggest going back to her home. Move out as quickly as possible and find a therapist to deal with having such a nutty mother.

Join the military? Of course, they prey on the young and vulnerable. I couldn't imagine worse advice.

Smoking is a vice, not a crime, don't apologize to anyone for doing it. If I had a crazy mother who sold my property and would kick her own kids out of the house, I'd probably pick up smoking too.

It's sad to see from the very first reply how everyone assumes that it's the OP's fault his mom kicked him out. She sounds like a nasty parent and this likely has little to do with the OP being a bad person. I'm very sorry to hear that you started smoking at 12, I'm sure it has something to do with your family. If she is as terrible as you've made it sound, you need to get her out of your life. The suggestions to make it right and get back in her home and to just put up with more abuse is terrible advice. Only if you need shelter temporarily until you can make it on your own would I suggest going back to her home. Move out as quickly as possible and find a therapist to deal with having such a nutty mother.

Join the military? Of course, they prey on the young and vulnerable. I couldn't imagine worse advice.

Smoking is a vice, not a crime, don't apologize to anyone for doing it. If I had a crazy mother who sold my property and would kick her own kids out of the house, I'd probably pick up smoking too.

THANK YOU! first person who understands me

Smoking is a deplorable filthy habit barely tolerated by society. It's responsible for untold death and suffering to the poor people addicted to it. It's just plain wrong. "Smoking is a vice, not a crime, don't apologize to anyone for doing it." I couldn't imagine worse advice.

No one who smokes does so because they want to. If there was a magic pill that could take away the urges and craving and turn you overnight into a non-smoker.... you would be the first in line to take it.

Sorry I don't have a carb.

I have to respect 1974datsun for the way he has responded to all these comments. Instead of getting pissed off and telling everybody to "ef" off, he is respectfully replying to everyone. This shows a lot about your character man.

Smoking at 12? thats when my girlfriend started, and she quit at 23. She's a great person. Doesn't mean your an ass if you smoke. I don't like it personally, but have friends that been doing it for awhile and I trust them with my life.

Anyways, we don't know your situation and we are not in your shoes. Good luck and keep praying. I pray you don't fall into the same cycle as your mom when you get older.

Good job on keeping hobbies, such as working on your datsun and racing, rather than smoking crack or stealing and robbing people.

Buddy,

Don’t knock the military it is the people that are serving today in militaries that keeps your family and you safe to have freedom of speech to bash us that protect people like you? I have worked with your Canadian military before and they are just as proud of there military as we are of ours! And I have yet to see where we Prey on the young and vulnerable we give young people a chance to get training and make good incomes at their ages and to better themselves with higher education that they might not be able to afford? There is every race and religion amongst our military and everyone has the same rights to advance in higher pay grades and to earn the responsibilities to lead and educate their juniors below them as they move up the ranks. It is clear no one in your family has ever served or you might have a clue and more respect for those that serve today or in the past. I offered to help this young man if he wishes and not with a carb. Which right now I believe the home front is more of a concern than an ole datsun truck that can always be replaced down the road? And I still stand on that and will gladly helpout if he wishes?

CYC

He's 17, it is a crime. Legal age is 18...

Buddy,

Don’t knock the military it is the people that are serving today in militaries that keeps your family and you safe to have freedom of speech to bash us that protect people like you? I have worked with your Canadian military before and they are just as proud of there military as we are of ours! And I have yet to see where we Prey on the young and vulnerable we give young people a chance to get training and make good incomes at their ages and to better themselves with higher education that they might not be able to afford? There is every race and religion amongst our military and everyone has the same rights to advance in higher pay grades and to earn the responsibilities to lead and educate their juniors below them as they move up the ranks. It is clear no one in your family has ever served or you might have a clue and more respect for those that serve today or in the past. I offered to help this young man if he wishes and not with a carb. Which right now I believe the home front is more of a concern than an ole datsun truck that can always be replaced down the road? And I still stand on that and will gladly helpout if he wishes?

CYC

accually about the sighning up for the military, about a month ago i went to sight up for the marines. they said i cant sighn up because my mom wont sighn the papers and if i do sighn up i cant do anything until next year because im a junior in highschool........oh yeah i got laid off today :angry: :fu: Mc donalds

accually about the sighning up for the military, about a month ago i went to sight up for the marines. they said i cant sighn up because my mom wont sighn the papers and if i do sighn up i cant do anything until next year because im a junior in highschool........oh yeah i got laid off today :angry: :fu: Mc donalds

Damn man.... Fuck........

I feel like it's super easy to blame any parent, keep in mind here we're only hearing ONE side of a story. aside from that...you're 17. No offense or anything taken, but I can remember the shit i used to say (and make up) to gather sympathy. If mom is bipolar, I am sorry. I know how hard it is the deal with people in that situation. I have a handful (literally, a handful) of relative's on my fathers side who suffer from this. But, to me, this sounds like it's giving you a chance to get your shit together. I work for kids for a living and often get thrown into situations where you have to talk to the authorities. and that's the first thing you need to do. Especially for your mother's sake. She needs to be in an environment where she can be taken care of.

This is a bummer man, I got kicked out when i was 16 because my step mother is bi polar also. I would wake up to yelling and things breaking. When I did get up I would walk into the kitchen and have gallons of milk thrown at me and plates thrown at my face. This was 4 or so years ago. I was told to never come back because I was trying to kill her and even though she couldn't prove it she knew. Also her son [who is perfect by the way] was doing all sorts of drugs and since she couldn't find any reason to be upset with me and my brother because we weren't getting into all the drugs she just got even more mad at us. We had our hair tested for drugs and came up clean and then she snapped. A week before thanksgiving she told me I couldn't come home at all and didn't want to see me. My father asked me to comply while he tries to help her deal with things. Everyone I knew who had a phone and my phone and any land lines that had called my fathers house were all blocked. I couldn't talk to my father for probably a year or so unless he was working.

My real mother dieed last easter from a liver failure. She left when I was 10 and didn't want much to do with the family more then a phone call now and again.

I wished I had had a better relationship with my mother, but I did the best I could. My step mom, however, I am still working with. She hasn't changed and wants me to admit to trying to kill her and trying to ruin her marriage with my father. Both of which would have probably been normal thoughts in a screwed up family such as ours, but were never any actions or intentions of mine. I waited too long to try and do anything about this situation and my father became depressed, but slowly now I have got my family talking again. [my step mom hates any part of my fathers family]

I think you should work things out with your mother before something else happens. Its great your father is still somewhere and can talk to you about things and help out. Whatever state of mind your mother is in probably changes enough for her to be unhappy about the way things are right now. I am not sure if the no smoking was a rule you were breaking or if she just found out and over reacted, but it sounds like this may have been a trigger for her and you might not want to continue to do things that set her off. I do hope things work out for you.

not sur e i am buying this entire story now... you got layed off from mcdonalds? what mcdonalds is this? around here, they are hiring like crazy....... fast food isnt hurting fat americans will always buy fast food no matter how broke hahahah

This is a bummer man, I got kicked out when i was 16 because my step mother is bi polar also. I would wake up to yelling and things breaking. When I did get up I would walk into the kitchen and have gallons of milk thrown at me and plates thrown at my face. This was 4 or so years ago. I was told to never come back because I was trying to kill her and even though she couldn't prove it she knew. Also her son [who is perfect by the way] was doing all sorts of drugs and since she couldn't find any reason to be upset with me and my brother because we weren't getting into all the drugs she just got even more mad at us. We had our hair tested for drugs and came up clean and then she snapped. A week before thanksgiving she told me I couldn't come home at all and didn't want to see me. My father asked me to comply while he tries to help her deal with things. Everyone I knew who had a phone and my phone and any land lines that had called my fathers house were all blocked. I couldn't talk to my father for probably a year or so unless he was working.

My real mother dieed last easter from a liver failure. She left when I was 10 and didn't want much to do with the family more then a phone call now and again.

I wished I had had a better relationship with my mother, but I did the best I could. My step mom, however, I am still working with. She hasn't changed and wants me to admit to trying to kill her and trying to ruin her marriage with my father. Both of which would have probably been normal thoughts in a screwed up family such as ours, but were never any actions or intentions of mine. I waited too long to try and do anything about this situation and my father became depressed, but slowly now I have got my family talking again. [my step mom hates any part of my fathers family]

I think you should work things out with your mother before something else happens. Its great your father is still somewhere and can talk to you about things and help out. Whatever state of mind your mother is in probably changes enough for her to be unhappy about the way things are right now. I am not sure if the no smoking was a rule you were breaking or if she just found out and over reacted, but it sounds like this may have been a trigger for her and you might not want to continue to do things that set her off. I do hope things work out for you.

man......sounds like you were describing my mom/ family. my mom hates my dad and his family, she always thought my dad was cheating on her. she would get so parinoid thinking people were stalking her and taking pictures of her. when i was younger my mom use to beat the living hell out of me, my sister was the perfect angel. my mom blames me for her getting divorced. when i moved to clarksville TN in 05 my mom started to treat my sister the same way she treated me. my sister move out at the age of 16 because of the same bullshit my mom is doing to me. im done with her. i consider my buddy's mom my mom because she treats me like her son.......

Buddy,

CYC

my truck has a lot of sedimental value to me, it is the first project truck ive had. ive put a lot of money into it already. i bought it off my uncle, he died in sept.