im screwed

accually about the sighning up for the military, about a month ago i went to sight up for the marines. they said i cant sighn up because my mom wont sighn the papers and if i do sighn up i cant do anything until next year because im a junior in highschool........oh yeah i got laid off today :angry: :fu: Mc donalds

I just replied back to you with info.

CYC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do actually, I enjoy the physical act of smoking.

deff not good for you or anything, its prob just my OCD :rofl:

Well maybe, but a crack head would probably say the same thing. Hard to be objective about an addiction though. Just saying.... :P

I was laying on my bed in my room watching TV as usual doing nothing when my friend came over and said lets go down to the Air force recruiter and Join the Air force, I thought that he was out of his mind.!! but I told him that I would go down there with him to keep him company, After watching the Super 8 movies of the different specialties that they had I decided to take the tests "Just to see what I could qualify for", My mechanical score was the highest so the recruiter said that I should go into that field, My friend wanted to be a Jet engine mechanic, He figured that he would do his four years and get out and make a lot of money on the outside doing it. Well the next thing I remember I was in L.A. raising my right hand swearing myself in. next day I was at Lackland AFB Tx. meeting the nice drill Sgts. I went to bed that first night almost crying asking myself what in the hell was I thinking!! That was in 1976, It was the best decision that I ever made, They sent me to Europe and I have been to places that I would never have seen, They taught me to work on Jet engines, and a million other things that cost a fortune in the civilian world, The most important thing that I was taught was "Responsibility and Dependability". If you do something do it right even if no one is watching, and if you say you will do something "do it" other people lives depend on you doing your job right. I was brought up by a single mother who didn't want me and always let me know I was a burden to her. Getting away from her and being around professional people that always told you that I was apart of a team and that everyone is important made me feel worthwhile something that my mother never made me feel. I spent 23 years in the Air Force and have never regretted it, I just thank my friend for coming over to my house that day, God only knows what I would have become if he had not come over that day.

I was laying on my bed in my room watching TV as usual doing nothing when my friend came over and said lets go down to the Air force recruiter and Join the Air force, I thought that he was out of his mind.!! but I told him that I would go down there with him to keep him company, After watching the Super 8 movies of the different specialties that they had I decided to take the tests "Just to see what I could qualify for", My mechanical score was the highest so the recruiter said that I should go into that field, My friend wanted to be a Jet engine mechanic, He figured that he would do his four years and get out and make a lot of money on the outside doing it. Well the next thing I remember I was in L.A. raising my right hand swearing myself in. next day I was at Lackland AFB Tx. meeting the nice drill Sgts. I went to bed that first night almost crying asking myself what in the hell was I thinking!! That was in 1976, It was the best decision that I ever made, They sent me to Europe and I have been to places that I would never have seen, They taught me to work on Jet engines, and a million other things that cost a fortune in the civilian world, The most important thing that I was taught was "Responsibility and Dependability". If you do something do it right even if no one is watching, and if you say you will do something "do it" other people lives depend on you doing your job right. I was brought up by a single mother who didn't want me and always let me know I was a burden to her. Getting away from her and being around professional people that always told you that I was apart of a team and that everyone is important made me feel worthwhile something that my mother never made me feel. I spent 23 years in the Air Force and have never regretted it, I just thank my friend for coming over to my house that day, God only know what I would have become if he had not come over that day.

Good Deal patd :thumbup: Thanks for sharing that story , and that is some good advice on your part !

hey bro sorry to hear of your recent downturns in life. as a son of a bat sh!t mother, i can feel your pain. its the psychotropic medications that Phuck people up over time. i have delt with since 1995 and sadly my mother is dead to me, she is not the same person who raised me. as for the smoking. stop that sh!t now bro. you will be a crippled pile of sh!t before your mid 30's if you don't quit. re-consider the military. only a last resort. the military is controlled by Mega huge corporations. remember, we are at war!!!!

bad idea if you ask me. look at this if Iraq and Afghanistan produced asparagus, we would "NOT" be there. seems most Americans cannot grasp that concept. look into a youth shelter get away from the crazy people. there might even be some grants for school that can help you. try to move to a relatives for a while. don't sweat the tangibles. your future is at risk. don't make foolish decisions. if you need some one to talk to pm me if you like. take care!

so i decided i am going to stop smoking, im doing it for me, NOT MY MOM

Absolutely do it for you. Never do this for someone else. You have the right to decide for yourself if you do or do not. If it helps you, you have my support. Quitting is not easy and you will have relapses but don't be harsh on yourself. NEVER quit quitting. Keep your eye on your goal and work toward it. My wife took seven tries over years, some lasting several months at a time but one day it all clicked.

accually about the sighning up for the military, about a month ago i went to sight up for the marines. they said i cant sighn up because my mom wont sighn the papers and if i do sighn up i cant do anything until next year because im a junior in highschool........oh yeah i got laid off today :angry: :fu: Mc donalds

Yup sadly if you want to join the service if you are under 18 you have to have your parents signature. Good luck if you really want to join hang in there. I did 4 years in the Corps. Never regretted one minute of it.

not sur e i am buying this entire story now... you got layed off from mcdonalds? what mcdonalds is this? around here, they are hiring like crazy....... fast food isnt hurting fat americans will always buy fast food no matter how broke hahahah

i live in westplains MO, not many people are sucessful. you dont have to belive it. but living in a small town, it is VERY dificult to find a job.

ya i have a few friends with bi-polar moms.. why is it always the mom??? anyways.. the meth really doesnt help either.. people can say "try to make things right with your mom" but until they meet your mom its really pointless.. i understand completely cause i've been around that sorta thing..

ya i have a few friends with bi-polar moms.. why is it always the mom??? anyways.. the meth really doesnt help either.. people can say "try to make things right with your mom" but until they meet your mom its really pointless.. i understand completely cause i've been around that sorta thing..

my point exacally! another person who understands. my sister and i know she smokes pot(she use to make me get it for her) and were pretty sure shes a meth head. she seems spun out 70% of the time. and she is crazy litterally

well im a pot head so im not gonna bash her for that, but the meth.. that shit is the devil! easy way to see if moms tweekin... does she lay in bed all day an pick at her face? lol thats how one of my friends moms was... the other was constantly cleanin an rearranging shit..

she constantly picks at her face, all the color disapears out of her eyes and she has mood swings, she 49 and weight 100lbs

i live in westplains MO, not many people are sucessful. you dont have to belive it. but living in a small town, it is VERY dificult to find a job.

A fellow Missourian! It doesn't help that MO is the most popular Crystal Meth hot spot in the entire U.S. I feel for you man, I have relatives that got hooked on that stuff (they are also from MO). Quitting smoking isn't fun, but the rewards are endless. Good luck in the future, and props to all who suggest the Military, it's a great place to get equipped for later.

Trev