been busy

izzo

for the camper, this is the closest thing i could find for it. I think this one is a little bit longer then whats on the property. But it looks identical except the rear, the model at the property has the two bottom tail lights, but also two sideways tear drop lights half way up. One is missing otherwise i would keep em.

http://www.tincantourists.com/classified/showproduct.php?product=2151

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So amazing. There was a guy on the HAMB a few years ago in Washington that made a huge discovery. Behind his friend's shop was a field overgrown just like that, but on swamp land. He had gone up close to the weeds and spotted a reflection. It was a bumper. He dug in to see it was a car, then another car was next to it. Did more digging and relized there were more cars. His buddy never spotted them before. For weeks they searched for the owner of the property and then bought them. Turns out the land was soon in need to be cleared thanks to the city so he got there in the nick of time. It took months but he ended up with over 60 cars from the 40s thru 60s. Mostl were too rusty but lots of good parts left.

Oh well. It was worth a shot. My elk hunting partner and I have an old '58 Shasta that has one propane light above the table. We would like to put in two more so I thought I would ask.

Sorry jester! Ill keep my eyes peeled tho if i ever see one ill snag it.

The monday after xmas there is a giant 30 yard dumpster coming in. Going to start just throwing mass shit away. House is all wood, even the siding, so we will have a lot of burning to do. As far as that camper, its to far gone from saving. Ill try and take a video of it when we hook the truck up to it and yank it out of there. I am wanting to save the frame to make a trailer out of it.

Looks like a thousand places in Oregon. I've done this sort of clean up for property my dad has bought to flip or remodel. It's way more work than your photos show.

There are lots of properties that have been lived on for years and sort of added to as family members came and went. The other weird thing you see is the funky house around a trailer stuff, crazy added on 5'x22' bedrooms, etc. My favorite demo was the old schoolbus we had to remove from a cemented together mason block foundation, that was a treat.

Good luck with the property, thanks for reminding me of all those miserable, wet, muddy, blackberry infested days working with my dad...

Looks like a thousand places in Oregon. I've done this sort of clean up for property my dad has bought to flip or remodel. It's way more work than your photos show.

There are lots of properties that have been lived on for years and sort of added to as family members came and went. The other weird thing you see is the funky house around a trailer stuff, crazy added on 5'x22' bedrooms, etc. My favorite demo was the old schoolbus we had to remove from a cemented together mason block foundation, that was a treat.

Good luck with the property, thanks for reminding me of all those miserable, wet, muddy, blackberry infested days working with my dad...

:lol::lol:

Very true man, very true. Have cleaned up a few properties like this myself. It is horrible. There is a LOT more work involved then just what the pictures show. Thats busting butts, renting equipment, many trips to the dump, burning stuff, picking it up, dragging it aroudn the property etc. Glad xmas is here, get today and tomorrow off then head back.

Id like to see pictures of the bus and cement stuff if you have any. I love seeing someone elses "bright" ideas.

• 4 months later...

amaing difference man

a shit ton of work man lol. ended up hiring some friends to stroll out and help with the clean up. a scrap guy got the metal, we burned all the wood, and still had over 30 yards of trash hauled out.

thats fucking nuts man now what are you guys doing to the land?

cleared the property, put a house and building a garage. rest is a yard :D

My vote is Flat Track!

Dood totally, nothing but pavement would have been nice. Could be a cool little auto x track even :)

oooooooooooooooooooo i want that motorcycle!!!!!!!! Looks like it could be fun.

It got scrapped :(

whos the blonde? i like her tattoo.

thats my wife. Went in to my buddies shop here in seaside and had him give her, her first tattoo. :)

• 5 months later...

Damn, i dont know what it is with flooring, but i can't get away from it :\

Bought a house in Graham washington, replaced all the subfloors, then hardwood flooring went in. A year later i moved. Get into this house, and had to replace the kitchen floor here as well. ha... Then I setup my brother in laws new shop here in seaside.

Heres a few photo's

This is my brothers shop. I ripped out all the old carpeting, installed some subflooring where it was not level, installed hardwood flooring. Painted the walls etc. Took me 2 days to take out old carpeting & to paint, three 15 hour days and one 8 hour day installing the bamboo flooring.

2010-10-26-181836.jpg

Said screw it, while im at it. might as well get that kitchen floor done. Ripped out all the old shit, put new sub floors in, along with a top layer, then vinyl.

2010-10-28-124929.jpg

2010-10-28-160659.jpg