hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

uhmm in order of your pics posted somthing seem off about the last pic showing the tailgate

and cool idea about useing 620 taillights

If you look closely with the picture with the R on the tailgate its only held on by magnets. Ill probably get R welded in today.

um whats gonna happen to the turbo l stuff?

It will be ran with the l series head for quite some time, until i get my de headed l20b ready to be put in the engine. Basically using it for a test bed of everything, i didnt want to add the electronics for the fuel injection into the mix. Plus I wanted to get some more info about boosting an L series with an L series head onto ratsun.

So cool bro! Love the curved bed mounts on the rear!So many great details all over this Hacked.

Thanks Fisch! I couldnt see myself putting some boxy mounts on after spending all that time bending all that tubing, had to figure out a way to blend the mounts into the boxy section of the frame. I have to put all these little details in because i dont plan on redoing this stuff.

Man let me know how that engine comes along. Really interested. Post lots of pictures!

As am I, it was almost impossible to find information on the head swap, most said that it cant be done.

So far im using: Ka24de; Head, Timing chain upper, Sprockets upper and lower(might end up using a toyota22re lower sprocket and shave off the teeth for a little more strength), L16 timing cover, L20b block, and will be ordering a custom lower timing chain from McMaster Carr(need about less links in single row). The Head will get a plug put into the rear oil drain so i dont end up dumping oil into my coolant. Ill post up more pictures later today.

• Like 1
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same idea of useing 620 taillights

I think they look great, in my opinion one of the best rear tail lights on a truck. They didnt install as easy as i had hoped but still worth it by far. Im planning on putting some leds behind the lenses for a brighter tail light. Cant wait for the rear of the truck to be finished!

• Like 1

gonna do full rollpan?

Just took these pictures haha.

CIMG4912.jpg

CIMG4913.jpg

CIMG4914.jpg

looking good.leaps and bounds from what im doing.620 taillights look good and the R that is just nuts.thinking outside of the box.love it.

Im going to have to redo the R, the bottom leg thats diagonal sticks too far down. I could say it adds character but it just bothers me way too much.

• Like 2

Hi Hacked,

I am happy to see you ended up with the bed. I thank Gene for putting the deal together with you. You have made good use of that bed. I am just amazed at the work you have put into it, looks great and has your signature on it now. Keep up the good work buddy.

I am still in Northern Nevada.

haha, youre the second person to ask me to make those. i just might have to start making these as a production :lol: just kidding. Thanks for the kind compliments guys, and redeye i know i cant wait to get the rear wheels actually bolted on the axle. I cant wait to see the wide meats sitting inside that bed.

I agree with you on the rockers, it is the only way to go, I have mine already, just need to install them, but this is the route I will be going.

521pictures013-1.jpg

I will only be going back to the rear wheel well, and then lowering the rear skirt to balance it.

Mine is a kingcab though, and the bed is a little shorter than in this photo.

I am not quite this low either, but I am trying, looks like my front rockers are 8 1/2 inches off the ground near the front fender wheel well, this guys truck photo that I took liberties with, has to be sitting on his bump stops in the front, but I think the grass makes it look lower than it is, but it does look cool this low.

Hacked what size wheels and tires you running.

19/9.5 in the back with 235/35/R19 and 19/8.5 on the front with 225/35/R19. the wheels are a bit taller than what i wanted but they actually dont look that huge in person. I wanted 18's with the same widths and tire profiles but now that i have these wheels im pleased with the size, definitely wouldnt go taller though lol.

I agree with you on the rockers, it is the only way to go, I have mine already, just need to install them, but this is the route I will be going.

521pictures013-1.jpg

I will only be going back to the rear wheel well, and then lowering the rear skirt to balance it.

Mine is a kingcab though, and the bed is a little shorter than in this photo.

I am not quite this low either, but I am trying, looks like my front rockers are 8 1/2 inches off the ground near the front fender wheel well, this guys truck photo that I took liberties with, has to be sitting on his bump stops in the front, but I think the grass makes it look lower than it is, but it does look cool this low.

oh how i love utes, i was going to just extend the rear skirt but the steep angle and lack of body lines just bothered me way too much.

wow i love the molded bed and rockers on that truck!!

couldnt agree more!

This truck doesn't exist today, it never has in this configuration as far as I know.

521pictures013-1.jpg

This is what it really looks like below,I took a lot of liberties with the photo above, the owner is hurley, a member here, it just looked so good I had to give it a makeover.

521pictures013.jpg?t=1300301344

This all started because I did not understand what the guy was talking about when he said the cabs lines didn't match, I thought he was talking about the rockers, so I made this photo.

521pictures013.jpg

After I made this photo and published it, I then realized what he was talking about while making the ute photo at the top of this post, the cab is lower than the box, it seems it is sagging, and that was what he wanted to fix, not the skirts.