Fisch art- The PL521 Sake Samurai

fisch

Well it is about time I finished a 521 drawing!! (Seeing as I own one.) I worked on this piece in small spurts over many, many months but finally dug in and finished it.

That is a Keg of Sake on the roof rack. And I thought it would be awesome to use a katana sword and stand as bed rails. You can see parts of Oil Drop in there still too, like the puke tank.

And I put someone in there to share a drink with!

Hope you guys dig! It will probably be a while before I get the time to do another!

1971pl521SakeSamurai.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sake "keg" is lying on its side and won't pour worth a damn that way. The best sake containers are made of willow wood, gives a great aged taste to the contents. Could that be Ozeki sake?

Heh I know, I know. I hear ya! But I liked it on the side from a visual standpoint!:D

Maybe it is already empty and they wrapped it back up, in which case she is probably pretty easy right now!! (Or hung over?)

I am not sure what brand that is? So I'd bet you are right!

Edited by fisch

Ed, an all the more impressive reason you are so impressive! I can't draw with a mouse to save my life! Like drawing with a rock!

I am actually rocking the wacom intuous 2 still, and only 6x8 in size. I've had bigger ones but because they are scalable, i don't really need any more room and it fits better on the desktop and drops in a lap top bag with ease.

For entry level I'd think you could find a used wacom intuous 2 dirt cheap on ebay! What are they on gen 3 or 4 by now?

The biggest pain of a tablet is that there is no real 'drag' in you pen nib like you would get with paper. So it is REALLY slippery and hard for me to pull a slick line. Most of my hand drawn lines are shakey. That is fine for painterly passages, but line work, not so much. People put paper on the surface some time to get drag, and that helps some, but wares nibs faster. The most recent tablest might have a better surface though, I am not sure.

I have tried the Cintiq and that would be something I'd be interesting in getting for sure. But I have drawn so long on the computer with out my hand in the way it might be weird to go back!

You will LOVE a tablet and will kick even more azz!

Ed, an all the more impressive reason you are so impressive! I can't draw with a mouse to save my life! Like drawing with a rock!

I am actually rocking the wacom intuous 2 still, and only 6x8 in size. I've had bigger ones but because they are scalable, i don't really need any more room and it fits better on the desktop and drops in a lap top bag with ease.

For entry level I'd think you could find a used wacom intuous 2 dirt cheap on ebay! What are they on gen 3 or 4 by now?

The biggest pain of a tablet is that there is no real 'drag' in you pen nib like you would get with paper. So it is REALLY slippery and hard for me to pull a slick line. Most of my hand drawn lines are shakey. That is fine for painterly passages, but line work, not so much. People put paper on the surface some time to get drag, and that helps some, but wares nibs faster. The most recent tablest might have a better surface though, I am not sure.

I have tried the Cintiq and that would be something I'd be interesting in getting for sure. But I have drawn so long on the computer with out my hand in the way it might be weird to go back!

You will LOVE a tablet and will kick even more azz!

Thanks, I'll check em out! Yeah, I'm sure there would be a learning curve on the tablet..but I think I really need one so I can start putting all these ideas I have on screen...just can't do it with a mouse lol.

p.s. I'm still waiting for a Z:D j/k I know you're a hell of alot busier than me:lol:

Every time I see one of your drawings I think of some crazy datto in apost-apocalyptic world.

Now that I think about it that would make an awesome DND campaign. *goes to get the dice.*

Nice! I did the Beholder art in the Monster Manual for 3rd edition. I also did the cover for the Waterdeep manual. So have the beholder chase your datto around the City of Splendor!!

All kidding aside I did do a treatment for a TV show about ratty Datsuns. Alas no bites, yet!!

Scott

Thanks, I'll check em out! Yeah, I'm sure there would be a learning curve on the tablet..but I think I really need one so I can start putting all these ideas I have on screen...just can't do it with a mouse lol.

p.s. I'm still waiting for a Z:D j/k I know you're a hell of alot busier than me:lol:

There isn't much of a learning curve Ed! You will take to it like a fish in water. After all the hardest thing is the hand eye separation that happens from drawing on a tablet and looking at the srceen in a different location than your hand. You'd already mastered that with the mouse.

I am telling you, you will LOVE it!!!

And I so want to do a Z!!! Someday!!!

Awesome work Scott!!!!

The new intuous boards are supposed to have a near zero touch....so if you want to sketch, you don't have to press down to get it to draw a line. I've done some checking....I want one bad!! :) The NL would pay for a new computer, monitor, wacom board......hhhmmm.... :)

Awesome work Scott!!!!

The new intuous boards are supposed to have a near zero touch....so if you want to sketch, you don't have to press down to get it to draw a line. I've done some checking....I want one bad!! :) The NL would pay for a new computer, monitor, wacom board......hhhmmm.... :)

I remember you saying something about it Mike, but I couldn't remember what it was.

Duuuude I say keep the NL and get an older generation wacom! Hell I just found this 9x12 intuous 2 for a little over $100 on ebay, and it is a newer one than mine (I can tell by the casing.) It also has the 4d mouse, which I barely use on mine, but is good to have, especially if you are getting into 3d stuff I think. You don't need 9X12, but if it is there, why not! (Course you will want to check the guys feedback out!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacom-Intuous-2-9x12in-Tablet_W0QQitemZ150387290618QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Software?hash=item2303c7f1fa

Thank you guys for the AWESOME feedback!! You guys are my inspiration. And know that I appreciate it!!

:)