canby 2010

sick620

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tech goes till 10 and maybe later if you ask!

do we have a list of the rules? I know in drag racing your not soposed to have battery in trunk unless you have a cut off switch mounted to the back of your car. you also cant have more then 12 inches of rubber fuel line in engine compartment also must have radiator over flow do these apply to auto cross?

Dang, I may not be showing up with a datsun this year. We're having truck problems and a few issues on the 510 that we don't want to take a chance with. We still want to camp saturday night, so does anyone know what the situation is with camping if we don't have a datsun in the show?

do we have a list of the rules? I know in drag racing your not soposed to have battery in trunk unless you have a cut off switch mounted to the back of your car. you also cant have more then 12 inches of rubber fuel line in engine compartment also must have radiator over flow do these apply to auto cross?

This is just a copy that was posted at datsunnw

NWAA Event Rules

1. DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS. All competitors must possess a current valid drivers license and must be at least 16 years old on the day of the event. (Exception: A driver with a valid State learner permit may drive with a parent/guardian.) Drivers under age 18 must have written parental permission to compete, AND a parent or guardian must be present and sign the appropriate minor waiver.

2. PASSENGERS. A passenger is permitted on any run during the event provided:

(a) The driver is an event entrant and the car has passed Tech Inspection;

(B) If the driver is inexperienced, the passenger is a novice instructor approved by the Event Chair;

( c ) The passenger is at least 13 years old (NOTE: A minor passenger must have a parent or legal guardian present at the event);

(d) All necessary waivers have been completed for the passenger;

(e) The required safety equipment (see SIIR, Section 4.3) is in place for the passenger and fits properly; and

(f) The car has an adequate passenger seat.

3. SPEED LIMITS. The off-course speed limit is 15 MPH. This applies to all pit areas and to any on-site entry/exit roads. VIOLATORS MAY BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE EVENT SITE.

4. INTOXICANTS. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages or drugs are permitted at the event site during the event. Any additional site requirements must be obeyed as well. Drivers are not allowed to compete under the influence of such substances. VIOLATORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE EVENT SITE. LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE NOTIFIED IF APPROPRIATE

5. CHILDREN AND PETS. The grid and course areas are OFF LIMITS to children and animals during competition. All pets MUST be leashed or otherwise restrained. Children are not permitted to use bicycles; no one may use skateboards or roller skates/blades on the event site. Bicycles are prohibited in the grid and pit areas.

6. TIMING and SCORING The timing area is ABSOLUTELY OFF LIMITS to all persons except event administrators.

7. SITE FACILITIES. Fuel, air, and helmets may not be readily available at the event site. Competitors are advised to be prepared for such conditions.

8. WORK REQUIREMENT. Competitors must complete a work assignment to participate.

9. RUN/WORK SCHEDULE. Competitors will be assigned a work group during the same half of the day as their run group.

10. OUT-OF-GROUP RUNS. Competitors needing to run outside of their assigned group run time MUST request to do so in writing, to the Event Chair, prior to the close of registration. The required form is available at Registration. Adequate justification (e.g., work conflict) is required

11. CLASSES. Cars will not be classed for this event it is presented as a Fun run, Practice day. Timing results will be kept for participants review.

12. TIMING EQUIPMENT FINANCIAL PENALTIES.

Competitors are expected to drive on course in a fashion which does not threaten the integrity of the timing system components (i.e. not spin through the finish gate or get lost and drive over the timing cables). To enforce this requirement, a financial penalty (fine) will be assessed for the following incidents:

* Impact with the timing light head

* Impact with the timing reflector head

* Any damage to timers or system as a result of competitors driving

Fine will be 10 dollars, or the cost of replacement for damaged item, whichever is greater.

Payment of the fine is due immediately at the time of the incident. Competitors subject to a fine can request terms for payment on a case-by-case basis, but it is expected that all fines will be cleared prior to competition in further events. Failure to pay a fine will result in suspension of the privilege to participate in all future events until the fine is paid.

Interpretation of the nature of an incident with respect to the above rules will be the responsibility of the Event Chair, the Timing Chief, and the Solo Safety Steward. Mitigating circumstances for waving or reducing the above noted fine, or accepting payment terms, can be considered and accepted on a case-by-case basis by a majority (two of the three) of the above listed officials.

13. Disqualification (DQ)

* If a car deviates from the course so that all four wheels are off the paved surface that driver will receive a DQ from the event and will no longer be allowed to run that day.

* Any course deviation which results in impact with hard object, no matter how severe will result in disqualification..

* Flagrant disregard for instructions of course workers or safety steward will result in DQ

14. INCIDENT RESPONSE When an incident occurs that involves personal injury, or property damage to the site or participant cars/equipment, the event chair and Solo Safety Stewards shall consult to determine if/what actions need to be taken regarding the driver/participant, the course design or event operating procedures before the event continues.

so how is the autocross and when is safety check or whatever... some details/ stories about autocross would be awesome to get me amped for friday

just roll up at 8am :lol:

some last year story time :lol:

last year me and lynch had some fun making teams.

:rofl: he was like we'll (the north guys) be team A and you guys (us southies) will be team B.

well I said fuck that I aint gonna be no team B! were gonna be TEAM TITSORGTFO!

so they where team AGOG (ass gass or grass) :lol:

we all met up In wilsonville for some breakfast before heading do to the autox

IMG_0008-6.jpg

IMG_0013-8.jpg

IMG_0010-8.jpg

IMG_0012-7.jpg

Dang, I may not be showing up with a datsun this year. We're having truck problems and a few issues on the 510 that we don't want to take a chance with. We still want to camp saturday night, so does anyone know what the situation is with camping if we don't have a datsun in the show?

just pay for camping, you dont have to have a datto there to camp :lol:

just pay for camping, you dont have to have a datto there to camp :lol:

That's what I kind of figured but didn't want to get screwed when I show up. We'll probably end out taking a rental down there. I wonder if the rental company would care if I slapped a ratsun sticker on it.

That's what I kind of figured but didn't want to get screwed when I show up. We'll probably end out taking a rental down there. I wonder if the rental company would care if I slapped a ratsun sticker on it.

:rofl: autox the rental!

ya. work sucks, my boss should just do four tens this week, that way i could make it to the autox... i told my brother that canby was this weekend, he started freakin out and started cleaning his z, then it started to rain... that unpreppared soblol.gif