canby 2010

sick620

:console: :confused: :crying:

i really only have 3 days left, with the way work and home life is i just dont have time to even look at my datsun on days i work. I have this thursday, friday and saturday off. If i cant find a way to fix the broken throdle rod and fig out what the hell is keeping my brake lights from working, its just not going to happen.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really only have 3 days left, with the way work and home life is i just dont have time to even look at my datsun on days i work. I have this thursday, friday and saturday off. If i cant find a way to fix the broken throdle rod and fig out what the hell is keeping my brake lights from working, its just not going to happen.

if you are not done by the 11th, are you between olympia and canby?I can fix your lights on the way down. the throttle cable... anyone?

we're in Eugene, thats a 1 hour 45 min south of canby.

i'm off today so im trying to figure out his lack of lights. i dont know what im going to be able to do really.

i dont know if i can fix my oil problems quick enough either...i know what needs to be done now, doing it is another matter completely.

Check that little inspection cover that's on the front of the head(oblong; has 3 bolts). If the gasket in there is bad, you can clean it up and seal it with RTV.

If it's the crank seal, that's no problem either. The easy way to do it is to drain the coolant system and remove the radiator to get at the crank pulley, but if you don't want to do that, it can be done without removing the radiator. I've done it that way. Not sure how much space is there in a 710. Luckily, you can get the crank seal at Napa for about $5.33. That's what I paid w/ my discount.

As long as the timing cover isn't cracked, it should be a cinch to fix.

Take a day off work and fix that fucker!!!

just geting days off is not easy done at my work. Im lead of my crew and only one with keys to the store, so if i was to just not show up, my bosss would be really pissed at me.Im useing just about all my Vacation time just to go to canby and had to give over a months notice just to get a chance of geting those days off. my job sucks ass

What is the policy at Canby on selling parts if I don't get a vendor spot? Can I just freelance out the back of a truck in the parking area?

Why don't all the ratsun guys band together and get a space to sell in? just a thought! saves problems and complaints about selling out of the trunk. The trailer guy can park it in the spot and you all can sell out of it! It's only $20 for a space for the weekend.

Dave

just geting days off is not easy done at my work. Im lead of my crew and only one with keys to the store, so if i was to just not show up, my bosss would be really pissed at me.Im useing just about all my Vacation time just to go to canby and had to give over a months notice just to get a chance of geting those days off. my job sucks ass

J/K

Power wash the front clean around the timing cover, clean with brake cleaner, get it clean and dry and watch it carefully. Crank seal is easy to do with cover on, well not real easy but do able. Crank seals will leak all over and the fan will blow it around. Check the obvious places like the valve cover at the front, dizzy base and oil pump and take a careful look at the front of the oil pan too.

One other obvious thing is to check that all the bolts into the timing cover and snug but don't over tighten them specially the oil pan as this can pinch the gasket or even bend the pan and make it worse.

Wow, I forgot this was coming up so fast. I've kind of been on hiatus from forums for a while. I should be making it up with my dad in his 4-door 510. We will probably be trailering it due to the price of race gas and lack of trunk space for gas cans.

Wow, I forgot this was coming up so fast. I've kind of been on hiatus from forums for a while. I should be making it up with my dad in his 4-door 510. We will probably be trailering it due to the price of race gas and lack of trunk space for gas cans.

What kind of mileage does it get? Won't it cost a bit to tow it also??

What kind of mileage does it get? Won't it cost a bit to tow it also??

Not sure how much because the racecar it came out of never had a speedo. I'm guessing it'll probably get about the same mileage as the truck that will pull it minus paying $10 a gallon.