Skib joins the goon squad.

Skib

hell yeah, i cant wait to see how they come out. Looks like some well made stencils. I hope the weather clears up so you can get that shit done.

Thanks :D Iv prob got thousands of hours of cutting time over the years :rofl: Iv cut alot of stencils

me to <_< this stormy weather is not helpin me out

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Skib. Those stencils are amazing. I'm very curious how you get them to stay 'stuck' to the painting surface? Is there some tacky spray or something that you use? Can't wait to see the progress...

I use a mild spray adhesive, sticks good enough to keep the paint but peals off with out tearing the paper

SKIIIIB!! So freaking excited by your updates! I am psyched to see how the pinup turns out. She looks really hot!

I too wondered how you got the stencils to stick. I have a package of frisket film here but then I wonder how to transfer the drawing to it. Your system seems much more direct.

And cutting those detail lines... what!!! That seems impossible, especially getting them to stick and not bend or break. You got skillz babe!

SKIIIIB!! So freaking excited by your updates! I am psyched to see how the pinup turns out. She looks really hot!

shes a babe :cool:

I too wondered how you got the stencils to stick. I have a package of frisket film here but then I wonder how to transfer the drawing to it. Your system seems much more direct.

:rofl: its kind of the poor mans frisket film Fisch :lol:

I use just a dash of 3M super 77 spray and give it a sec to get tacky, slap it on there, make sure all my edges are down and then spray. peals right off and makes a nice clean line (unless you get stuck with watery paint and it bleeds :( )

23706-super77-group3ww-l.jpg

And cutting those detail lines... what!!! That seems impossible, especially getting them to stick and not bend or break. You got skillz babe!

just my trusty #11 blade :cool:

exacto.jpg

Scott...if your frisket film is similar to mine...I can run it through a photocopier or a printer to put the image on it. I've also simply traced the image on(mine is translucent). I use if for the high speed glass engraving. Anyway.... :)

crap pics but there a bit of stencil progress.

driver side is done but needs touch ups and Im working the kill flags atm

IMG_0034-7.jpg

IMG_0036-4.jpg

IMG_0093-2.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098-2.jpg

and still have 3 more layers to do on this side......

The mad scientist at work. Awesome Skib! I am ready for some pinup!!!

hahaha Im putting it off :P I dont want to screw it up, I spent ALOT of time cutting that stencil :unsure: