• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More minor progress.

I ordered an aluminum radiator a few months ago. All aluminum 19"x22" double pass radiator for a sprint car. Barely fits, actually bigger than i would have prefered, but cooling wont be a problem with this huge thing. Radiator is currently being modified to work, Lower neck angle change, mounting brackets, and removal of the filler neck. Told them i was not in a hurry(Ratsun member), hope to see it delivered back to me at Canby.

I also dropped a spare driveline off to be shortened and balanced. Front half of the driveline needed shortened about 2.5", hope the rear half doesnt need expensive work cause it will need redone when the rearend gets changed out for something with an LSD, have a plan for that too. Should see the driveline next week sometime.

Ordering a Magnaflow muffler this week too. Part #13236

• Like 1

Oh yeah... So in the end your going to convert to auto right? If that 5 speed any good? Are you willing to sell?

Nope, i gave up on the auto. It was doable, but i was losing motivation dealing with the wiring to make the auto work, and i wanted the VG in a 620 to work. I am in this project way more time than i ever anticipated, but that is part of the reason that i bought a mock-up truck that was already thoroughly beat up. Was not going to take apart a driver for a swap that has not been documented.

• Like 1

Got the shortened driveline back today. Driveline work has gotten expensive. They replaced one u-joint, shortened it, and balanced the two piece assembly, and it cost me $191. But it fits perfectly.

Also ordered my Magnaflow muffler, should be here tomorrow. :D

now i need to order some stainless mandrel bends to get the 2.5" pipe over the rear axle.

• Like 1

I think we need to see some progress pics.

Nothing new to see, just doing some of the little stuff and collecting parts. Dont really have time to spend on it right now anyways, so trying to keep the parts coming so that when i do have time, i will have parts to work with. :D

I will post pics when i get the radiator back.

On a positive note. I saw youtube? video of vgwagon's 510 running the 1/4, turned a 14.22 with cam gears, headers, and pathfinder manifold. And no LSD.

I was hoping that this VG conversion would put my truck into the mid 15's, and his wagon is a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 620 currently is, not sure yet just how much weight the VG will add though. Doesnt matter either.

:D :D :D :D :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

• Like 1

Aren't you or didn't you move or something? Never helps with time working on projects

Still in the middle of moving, dont want to bring the donor swap truck with me. So trying to get the things done that still need the mock-up truck. Hoping to make it a bolt in deal into my yellow truck.

Also went back to school, very little time to spare right now.

Swap might be able to happen in July though, light school load before a heavy fall term.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up something at Canby since the price was right.

VG30Exhaustmanifolds200sx.jpg

Appear to be ceramic coated. $5 for the pair. :D

Been working on the wiring, received my Magnaflow muffler, and i got my aluminum radiator modded to work.

Need to finish the wiring, exhaust, and have not started the fuel system yet.

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='15 June 2011 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1308153115' post='494471']

Nice score! I know you got the radiator too, I suppose you haven't fit it yet? Otherwise there would be more pics :D

Actually i did rest the radiator down in place, but i have not built any brackets for it yet. Bought the metal to make them though.

I pulled the motor out today to start sealing it up. Need to get a gasket kit for it.

Wiring is mostly done too.

Should be able to fire it soon. But i had hoped for that two years ago.

• Like 1

Engine gasket kit is ordered. :D

Built brackets for the radiator.

Got a new phone that takes excellent pictures, but cant seem to figure out how to get them off the phone and onto my computer/photobucket. I used to be able to text them to my email, wont work anymore for some reason.

So a picture update is coming soon.

• Like 1

Gasket kit has arrived. :D

I took everything back apart, time to clean a few things up.

IMG033-1.jpg

IMG034-1.jpg

Certainly not spottless, but plenty clean to put under a daily driver. :D

Should have an update showing the radiator this weekend.

School just started again. Taking an accelerated learning Chemistry class that has me buried in homework for the next four weeks. Basically putting a stop to all progress on this project for a few weeks. :(

• Like 1