KA-Kait's 2dr. First Time Dime.

KA-Kait

i got a single point dizzy from a l20b that i could contribute to this project :fu: i may not be able to make the meet (if it rains im fucked no wipers)but im close enough that if you guys wanna swing by i got what you need i also have a resisted coil but no balast to go with it (using it for my truck)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

autolite :fu: cmon

give your motor some love :lol:

NGK.jpg

Ya really, for datsun/nissan ngk or nothing lol.

Can I ask why you got a SAE socket set?

Congrats on the dime, imho a step in the right direction.

To answer a few of the questions for her since she's at work...

Steve, thanks for the offer, but she has a compressor and no air tools... having an impact will be good for removing wheels, flywheel bolts, etc, etc... Nice to have around. The sander was less than $20, and there's always that moment where "damnit, it'd be nice to have that around now..."

To get the car fired up and running, we'll be using some cheap-o plugs. No sense in fouling up some nice ones, especially since we will have some MAJOR tuning, and possibly cranking/spark without fuel or vice-versa. Once it's up and running, she can drive to the store and install some nice ones to get it running better. Priority is cheap and quick and dirty until it runs!

Bonvo, Rain-X is a fluid you wipe on and polish off. Don't get the spray bottle kind, just get the bottle that looks like air tool oil... Best investment you can get! Water will literally sheet off the glass. Fog-X works great for inside the car, too!!

This weekend, at the overnight meet, James has offered to donate and eliminate the need for the dizzy, the blockoff plate, the coil, hood hinges, hood release cable and a few other odds-and-ends that she needs. Bonvo, as far as the weather is concerned, weather.com says it'll rain for the next few days, and clear up on Thursday morning and be clear/lightly cloudy all weekend. Bring your ass up.

As for the sockets, we have most of the sockets she'll need, but some of the SAE sizes will be helpful for lug nuts and such. We have deep sockets in other sizes, so this just completes the set. Always good to have things "just in case." Especially with some previous owners...

+1 for NGK wires and plugs.

-1 for Rain X. I use when I have to get somewhere with the dime in the rain, but I have a better solution now that DOESNT involve reckless driving. DONT drive the dime in the rain! or make the switch to a mazda wiper motor.

also me and a few other folks I know have found that prolonged usage of rain-x cause difficulty seeing when Hbeams hit you.

hmmm well i used it on my bug,notchback,rx7,620,wrx, and my mazda truck... never ever had a problem...... when put on corectly never had a problem with high beams.....

and sean i was offering the sander for free....... i would never use that big of an orbital for body work...... and i have 3 other sanders ( perc of painting for a living ) but if you need other tools ask and i will lend... i have anything you need ( now that i got a timing light finally haha )

I dunno what Kait's waiting for... but we got a lot of work done tonight.

Got the car to her house, chatted about what the plan of attack would be, and then got dirty.

Removed carb, intake, exhaust manifold, distributor, valve cover, started removing hoses and a few misc brackets.

Her job over the next few days is to grab the pressure washer and start going to town on the engine bay. She's going to get the engine hoist soon and we'll yank the motor and put it on the stand to start major teardown to inspect the pistons and piston walls. If all checks out, then we put it all back together and get it cleaned/painted!

Engine bay will get a similar treatment as mine did with the truck bed spray on liner stuff. It's held up great over the past few years while the car's been built. Then it's time to dig into mounting my old seats, fixing up the interior a little and collecting some parts!

I found the alternator numbers I gave it to kait. I also explained that you need to short out the #2 pin to the pos bat terminal on the alt. I just thought I would post it here in case she forgets. I will probably end up coming over and helping out but we will see. haha. seems like its pretty much covered.

what i was waiting for? I was asleep fool! sadly enough I can't do much today unless this rain lightens up. *SIGH* I was hoping to start in on the enterior before work, and power wash the fuck out of everything. Still might if the rain begins to drizzle. Let's hope, eh? Either way it should be not pouring down tomorrow, and thursday is clear too. we did get some progress last night! no pictures though, because of said rain this morning. We're well on our way to getting that engine out of there and on the stand so we can tear into it. It doesn't look like a lot, but it's trucking along.

Edited by KA-Kait
To answer a few of the questions for her since she's at work...

Steve, thanks for the offer, but she has a compressor and no air tools...

I hope her compressor moves a lot of air, mine has a 32 gallon tank but only a 110v motor and it can't keep up with my DA sander. Its taking me forever to do the bodywork on my car because I'm always waiting on the damn tank to fill up. :mad:

yay...

duno if your gona go Z 5 speed but i have my old tranny member incase you do...

and i also have my LP fuel pump that fed my mikunis...Roadster clutch setup (complete, except TOB needs to be replaced...made noisezz).

Im sure Sean has alot of this stuff covered, im just posting what i have that i think you COULD use or might be interested in...

Good luck with the biuld!! Let me know if you ever need any help.