KA-Kait's 2dr. First Time Dime.

KA-Kait

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so today's project was 'make the engine purdy' day. Sean came over early and we went to work cleaning this thing. it actually got VERY clean. midway thru it some old ratsun-er decided to pop on by. NorCalDime! Chris came over and helped us out a bit.

enginework003.jpg

so this is the new color for the block, a pretty blue. various other object got blasted today with a fresh coat of paint to make them shiney.

enginework007.jpg

enginework006.jpg

enginework005.jpg

enginework004.jpg

tomorrow sean and i making a pick n pull run as well as hopefully working on the engine bay! wish us luck, eh?

All I know is it used to go to a dual oil filter block and rx7 oil cooler. No idea what it's from!

The block is a high temp "Chrystler" blue, but the color is actually pretty close to the Nissan color (camera doesn't pick up how turquoise it is). The dizzy went on, but we're going to try our hand at an electronic distributor (selling the one we had to Bonvo... bad idea!).

The motor will be getting the rest of the seals and gaskets put on tomorrow, hopefully, and we'll be running the heater lines to figure out what other hoses we're going to need.

Anybody have a dizzy they wanna donate to the cause?

Thanks to Brett who offered a transmission! We'll be in touch, and maybe figure something out depending on what she and I figure out this week.

All I know is it used to go to a dual oil filter block and rx7 oil cooler. No idea what it's from!

The block is a high temp "Chrystler" blue, but the color is actually pretty close to the Nissan color (camera doesn't pick up how turquoise it is). The dizzy went on, but we're going to try our hand at an electronic distributor (selling the one we had to Bonvo... bad idea!).

The motor will be getting the rest of the seals and gaskets put on tomorrow, hopefully, and we'll be running the heater lines to figure out what other hoses we're going to need.

Anybody have a dizzy they wanna donate to the cause?

Thanks to Brett who offered a transmission! We'll be in touch, and maybe figure something out depending on what she and I figure out this week.

i got a single point you can have its perfect for going with a pertronics set up and it wasent a bad idea at the time you had no use for it then :P

i have 2 e-dizzies left, one of em should work, maybe a stock coil too (probably sold it though :P )

includes a blue hotwheel ;)

hot damn! thats a steal of a deal. I'll talk to ya tonight about it because Sean and Myself just got back in from 3 pick n pulls and no go, not one datsun with them on there (and in the case of 1 yard, not one datsun). After the pick n pull run I managed to go to Kregan and order up the rest of my suspension parts from them. New Tie Rods, New Shocks, New Ball Joints. The guys there were super helpful and we ran into a local ratsun-er! 620Mike!! we were at the parts counter and in comes a guy talking about his 620 while we were chatting it up about our Dimes. Haha, It was nice to meet ya man! Gotta make it out more often to the local meets. at any rate. other than purchasing parts, no real big update. just felt like adding something.... anything. ;D

Yeah, bummer you didn't make it!

Once you get the truck running, bring it to Lowes on Friday nights (Sunrise/Greenback location). Kait and I are almost always there from around 9 until late.

Everybody, shhhhhhh.... Don't tell Kait, but while she was at work, I installed her new Monroe rear shocks (temporary rollers until she buys some Ermish coilovers), and I prepped/painted her engine bay. It's the Bed Liner black with Satin black over it. I also cleaned the "rust issue" spot that Hang_510 showed us (right in the middle of the wiper cowl area, the drain blocks up a lot). I also sprayed some rubberized undercoat in the wheel wells. We'll do another coat when the struts come out to make it a bit more durable. Lastly, I painted the wiper cowl innards to cover up and keep the rust out.

She'll post up pictures later. She was STOKED when she came home from work, it was pretty cool. The shocks that came off were a little longer than these, and quite a bit stiffer, but they seemed to be good as far as the "push in, and see if it pushes back out" test. Anybody interested in them? We'll cut you a deal!

Just a ton of muddy, gross water and some dirt and leaves that came out. Started from the top, trying to pressure wash down through that hole, but it just made a lake in the wiper area. So a long screw driver up from underneath, and it was flowing like a champ! I'm going to have to check mine now and see if it needs the same treatment!

All I can say is that I have the worlds best friend. no joke, sean spent about 5 hours at my house working while I was at work. My mom would come out, check on him. even made him cookies, haha. My folks absolutely love him, just like i do! Mr.SEAN I OWE YOU ONE!!!

Here are some pictures of his handy work, needless to say, this is a days worth of work i dont have to do, which is .... amazing.

enginebay002.jpg

him last night, a quick picture I snapped before I tackled him with hugs.

enginebay008.jpg

enginebay007.jpg

enginebay009.jpg

enginebay010.jpg

enginebay011.jpg

and in case anyone was interested, here's the old shocks we pulled off. as sean said, they should still be good.

enginebay012.jpg

All I can say is that I have the worlds best friend. no joke, sean spent about 5 hours at my house working while I was at work. My mom would come out, check on him. even made him cookies, haha. My folks absolutely love him, just like i do! Mr.SEAN I OWE YOU ONE!!!

:lol: Id work on your dime for cookies :D

no update other than the dime got rolled into my drive way instead of sitting on the pad on the side of my house. this is good because it basically means everything is getting ready to get put back in. I'm taking a vacation this weekend, heading down to L.A to go see U2 in concert because dad's company gave him free tickets. So Hell, why not, right?! no work will be done this weekend...... by me.....

haha no internet access this whole weekend, so I'll check back in monday in case anything gets updated.

Alright... time to get to work!!

IMG00364-20091025-1041.jpg

Kait and I yanked the crossmember and control arms today. Then I pounded out the steering linkage, tie rods, ball joints, etc, etc, etc... Then started painting!

She wanted a pink crossmember and matching control arms. Ok, done. I hit it with some glitter cut it looked retarded without it. Getting new parts in there makes everything so much nicer.

WALL OF PICTURES!!!1

IMG00367-20091027-1653.jpg

IMG00371-20091027-1955.jpg

IMG00368-20091027-1955.jpg

IMG00369-20091027-1955.jpg

IMG00370-20091027-1955.jpg

IMG00375-20091027-1959.jpg

IMG00372-20091027-1955.jpg

IMG00374-20091027-1956.jpg